Seva in the City is a secular, non political event where we help some of the neediest in our city. I have several meetup groups participating. March's Seva Event will reach out to the special residents of the Fred Victor House.
Objective: Create 50 Nutrition Rich Lunch Bags and dispense them to the special residents of Fred Victor.
Agenda- Arrive At 915 am and assemble the lunch bags; walk over to Fred Victor which is approx 500 M or 6 mins away as per our friends @ google.
Fred Victor is housing geared towards those battling addiction and mental illness. In order to qualify for housing you would have to demonstrate homelessness or being under housed for the past year. The male to female split is 60/40 so if you have any women's clothing- please bring it. Funding has been cut back in recent years which has resulted in their drop in centre and much celebrated restaurant closing on the weekends. I like to think our lunch bags ameliorate this issue at least for one weekend.
Pledge- Bring one of the items requested below. Please indicate what you're bringing in the comments section, e.g. Im bringing 25 Whole Wheat Croissants
1) 10 PB & J sandwiches- Im looking for 5 different pledges
2) Baked Goods
3) 50 Mandarin Oranges
4) 25 Bananas - 2 different pledges
5) 25 Whole Wheat Croissants
6) 25 Croissants- Whole Wheat, Butter, Cheese
6) Members Choice- needs to be approved by me beforehand
1) I would like us to be there by 9: 15 am so please help us by arriving on time.
2) You're free to bring other items as well, e.g. gently worn clothes, socks. Pls run all items not on the pledge list by me beforehand.
3) Dress Appropriately for the weather!!!
4) Pls let me know beforehand by updating your RSVP if you cannot attend so we're not waiting around for you.