Socialise Sheffield is based on a simple premise: meeting up with like-minded people who want to try new things and expand their social circle. We host events as diverse as pub quizzes, meals out and countryside walks, to greyhound racing cinema and theatre trips.
So whether you are new to the area, or born and bred here and want a change from the normal status quo of going to the pub with a handful of mates, join us and let's build up a network of amazing people where we socialise, laugh and above all enjoy life.
Socialise Sheffield thrives on its mix of members and our events are friendly and welcoming. Remember every one of us has had a first event at some point, so please do come along - you will be made very welcome.
* Have a clear photo -this means your host can recognise you when you come to an event - we don't get many cartoon characters or rivers popping along.
* Change your RSVP as soon as you know you can't attend - sadly due to COVID group size restrictions and the behaviour of some members , we have had to change this slightly, If members do not give 24 hour notice of their change to RSVP, it will both be classed as a no show and also, the organisers reserve the right to move them to the wait list for the next event, and allow someone reliable to join. Same applies if you are on a waitlist, if you've made other plans, simple, remove yourself.
* If you're running late - let your host know again this just a common courtesy.
* 3 'no-shows' and we will remove you from the group - sorry about this, but it's something which frustrates both the hosts and the other people coming out to enjoy themselves. (the first time this happens you will have chance to rejoin, but if it's persistent we may permanently remove you)
* Gatecrashing - Do not "gatecrash" an event which is full and/or has a waiting list. This will be treated in a similar way to no-showing. Both are disrespectful to hosts and other members.
* Be respectful - remember as a member you will naturally form friendships with some more than others. The group is about getting out, meeting new people, being sociable but maintaining respect. In the rare instance you do feel pestered or harassed (in person or online) please let me know either on email or direct message.
* Donations - If you love the group and want to help keep it free for everyone then you can make a voluntary donation towards the fees Meetup charges to host the group the paypal pool address is https://paypal.me/pools/c/8n953bzoup
If you need to get in touch, we have a gmail email address email@example.com
TERMS AND DISCLAIMER
This is a free group to enable people to get together - you should read the info below and understand that we aren't a formally run group, you don't pay a membership, we don't have insurance or training or a formal organisation structure - the group and events are run on goodwill by people who donate their time and energy to create socials for you to attend if you wish to join us.
The purpose of this group is to arrange meetups and social connections to members of Socialise Sheffield, any member participating in any such events does so entirely at their own risk.
It is not the responsibility of this group's organisers or the event hosts of any event arranged via this Meetup group to check and ensure the suitability of individuals to complete any particular event.
It is the responsibility of the individual participating in any event arranged via this group's web pages to ensure that they are in a fit medical state to do so.
By signing up to and attending an event you confirm the following points:-
1) You acknowledge that the organisers including hosts of this group do not necessarily hold any formal qualifications in relation to any of the events or any formal training.
2) You agree and acknowledge that this group has no legal duty of care to its members and guests and that its organisers including hosts accept no liability for any accident occurring from, or for any injuries arising out of, participation in this group's activities, including travel to and from an event.
3) Event organisers must ensure their planned event does not contravene the laws of the land, failure to do so will result in the event being deleted and them being prevented from hosting future events (this is a site rule from Meet-Up themselves)