Topic: Testing Games Night
We are breaking away from our traditional meeting format to welcome Erik Davis to lead our evening meeting on the topic of "Testing Games".
Erik will share some of the reasons he plays games at work and some of the benefits you can see from playing tester games. He will then give an introduction to several of the games he plays so you can see which ones might work for your team.
Erik has taken on many roles in his 16 years in testing. The majority of his time at Hyland, creator of OnBase, has been in a variety of leadership positions. In his current role as Manager of Testing, Erik is responsible for the team that educates 180+ testers. He is also constantly looking for ways to engage and retain the testers already at Hyland, finding ways to bring in new talent, and finding new ideas and techniques to make testers better at what they do.
Here are some places you can find Erik online: @ErikDavis (https://twitter.com/erikld), NOTiCE meetup (http://www.meetup.com/notice/), Sowing Seeds- A Testing Blog (http://testingthoughts.com/erikdavis/)
***** Pizza and pop will be provided for this meetup ******
***** Please, only RSVP if you seriously plan to attend as we will be basing our food purchases on the count we see on Tuesday (6/24) afternoon****
This meeting is for:
- Seasoned QA & Testing Professionals
- New testers starting out
- Anyone interested in learning more about Testing
Time & Location:
6565 Kilgour Place, Dublin OH 43017
6:00-8:00 p.m. - June 24th, 2014
- Take I-270 to Exit 17A (US 33 East/161 East)
- Exit 17A will turn into Dublin Granville Rd.
- Turn left on to Post Road (1st intersection you come to)
- Veer immediately right onto Frantz Rd./Kilgour Place. You will see a sign for OCLC
- Drive into the campus. You will see three buildings. At the stop sign, turn left and follow signs for the Kilgour building. Visitor parking is out front.
- Please come into the visitor entrance of the Kilgour building (by the lake) and let the receptionist know you are here for the meetup.
Be sure to tell your friends and co-workers about this meeting.
Don't forget to RSVP!
We look forward to seeing you there.
- Matt & Mindy Hutchison