For the next in our series of meetups, we are pleased to present three presentations given by Solsties discussing “Pushing the Frontier on Java”.
- 5:30-6:15 - Networking & Light Appetizers
- 6:15-7:15 - Presentations followed by Q&A
Anish Krishnan will be talking about newer microservice stacks beyond the well-known Spring Boot stack, and reasons why you might consider them. Derrick Anderson will talk about advancements in the latest JDK versions and make determinations about which provide the best improvements. Joe Nedumgottil will talk about the GraalVM, a re-written, multi-language VM written by Oracle.
A little about our presenters:
- Derrick is a Cloud Native Engineer at Solstice. Derrick is focused on transforming legacy processes and loves ETL tools. Try to out-nerd him about Stargate, we dare you! He'll talk your ear off about seven-part coordinate systems.
- Joe is a Senior Principal at Solstice, focused on Cloud Modernization. Joe is interested in the Spring ecosystem, Kafka, and advancements in Java. Joe also can talk ad nauseum about the MCU, so don’t get him started.
Join us on October 22nd to hear about these cutting-edge advancements. We look forward to an engaging conversation so be sure to bring your thoughts and questions!
A Few Points to Keep in Mind:
- Please RSVP by 5 PM, Monday, October 21, 2019 and please keep your response up to date.
- Upon your arrival you will check-in in the lobby using a valid photo ID, please allow extra time for check-in.
- To ensure the fastest service at security, please provide your legal name and the name(s) of any guest(s), in your RSVP prior to the event.
- We will no longer admit guests after 6 PM, Wednesday, October 22, 2019.