"Tuning the mind, body, and soul"-Gaynor
The sound and silence meditation group meets every Sunday. The meditation begins with 30 min. of toning*, 30 minutes of silent meditation, In the last 10-15 min. there is an optional lie down and Alexander teachers put “hands on” with live music.
According to Gaynor (1999, p. [masked]), "Sounds enters the healing equation from several different directions: It may alter cellular functions through energetic effects; it may entrain biological systems to function more homeostatically; it may becalm the mind and therefore the body; or it may have emotional effects, which influence neurotransmitters and neuropeptides, which in turn help regulate the immune system-the healer within. Music is organized sound that has potent emotional effects and stimulates memories, associations, and highly developed psychological states with clear impact on our healing systems."
Toning* in your own voice is a very powerful tool for self-healing, relaxation, personal growth, opening creativity, and helping to balance life experiences.Toning is the elongation of a note or tone using breath and voice to assist you to get still enough to meditate.
It is great.....
• If you have a difficult time getting still enough to meditate;
• If you desire higher states of consciousness;
• If your communication energy center seems blocked;
• If you breathe too shallowly;
• If you need immediate grief or stress relief;
• If you're depressed;
• If you need more confidence or zest;
• If you have trouble listening, focusing or being in the moment
We look forward to seeing you at the next scheduled meet-up!Please e-mail me at [masked] if you have any questions or concerns.