What we're about
This is a 12-Step group for anyone who compulsively:
* Uses a smart phone
* Uses social media
* Plays computer or video games
* Browses the internet
Anyone who can't stop doing these things.
If you answer yes to any of these questions about screen use (computer, smart phone, or game console screen), you may be struggling with an addiction.
* Are you ever unable to limit the amount of screen time you use?
* Do you repeatedly neglect your responsibilities at home, work, or school because of your screen time?
* Do you sometimes binge on screen use?
* Do you feel a need, compulsion, or craving for screen time?
* Do you feel a need to hide your time on the screen?
* Do you have problems with relationships, employment, or finances because of your screen use?
* Are you losing interest in activities and hobbies that used to bring pleasure?
* Do you spend a lot of time on screens and thinking about using them?
* Do you have few if any interests or social involvements that don’t revolve around screen time?
* Do you use screen time to relax, feel better, or avoid something?
* Has a family member or close friend expressed concern or complained about your screen time?
* Do you eat very little or irregularly during the periods when you are at a screen?
* Have you gotten into situations that increased your chances of harming yourself or others (like looking at a screen while driving)?
If you think you might have an addiction, feel free to attend a meeting.
We understand that coming to a meeting may be very uncomfortable for you. You will be welcomed. We will explain things to you. We promise we will not pressure you to do anything; if you wish, you can simply watch and listen. The only requirement we have is to keep confidential what people share about themselves.