What we're about
We are a diverse group of talented writers who meet weekly to read our work, discuss methods and constructively critique each other's writing endeavors. We help each other generate new ideas, work on processes, etc., thus bringing our own and each other's work closer to fruition. Whether you are working on a book, a manuscript, poetry, a short story, a memoir - come and let's all work together to make it the best it can be. Writing does not have to be a lonely craft!
Please note the following membership rules/bylaws:
1. For everyone’s comfort, no one younger than 18 may join South Shore Scribes.
2. Meeting capacity is capped at 12 members. Only members who have RSVP’d “Going” on Meetup.com may attend. Members who have been waitlisted on Meetup.com may attend only if another member changes their RSVP to “Not Going” and thus a spot opens up.
3. Members may not bring guests to meetings.
4. Members who RSVP “Going” and then do not attend the meeting will be marked as no-shows. 3 no-shows within any 12-week period will get a member removed from the group, though exceptions will be made for medical emergencies or transportation trouble.
5. The following members will be deleted from the group, but may apply to join again if they wish:
– Members who have attended fewer than 5 meetings, and have not attended a meeting for more than 6 months.
– Members who have attended 5 or more meetings, and have not attended a meeting for more than 1 year.
6. Dues are $2 per member per month, collected in cash at the meetings.
7. If you want to read at a meeting, you must have at least 6 hard copies with you, or one for each attending member. Reading priority will be given to members who did not read the previous week.
I hope to see you all on Thursday evenings!