addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Ashevilles Raw /Vegan/Veggie Folk! Message Board › Matt Monarch is planning on coming to town but we need to make it happen!

Matt Monarch is planning on coming to town but we need to make it happen!

A former member
Good Morning Everybody.

I have some really exciting news for you!

Jacqueline Corbett, through her wonderful site...RawFoodNetwork.com...has made a great connection with an exhuberant raw foodist named Matt Monarch. Here's a sample of a powerful article he wrote that appears on his MYspace page:

"... The reason the 100% Raw Food Diet is the greatest diet in the world is because you leave out everything that could make you ill and only keep in the best of foods.

It is critically important to understand that what you leave out of your diet completely without cheating is the way to ultimate health. What you don't eat is actually more important than what you do eat.

I don't care if you eat Raw Foods until you are blue in the face. You are not going to fully heal unless you eliminate the cause, which means omitting certain foods from your diet. ..."

Finish reading his article here: http://www.rawfoodnet...­

Here's what so exciting...Matt is creating his yearly speaking schedule at the moment. He emailed Jacqueline yesterday to say that he's proposing Wednesday June 20th to give his talk at $10.00 a person. Jacqueline is willing to handle most of the promotion...getting flyers made and posting them...getting it into the various newspapers and magazines...making a webpage to publicize...etc. Keep in mind Matt is just penciling us in at the moment.

This is what we need to make his visit a reality as soon as possible:
1. a meeting place...EarthFare community room Asheville maybe?
2. a local RSVP number...I will use mine
3. The best time for the event...we're going to need everyone's input on this one!
4. A raw home for him to stay wasn't mentioned but wouldn't that be wonderful for our guest?

As soon as we have the time, place, and phone number(done), Matt will post this info on his itinerary giving us plenty of time to do a fantastic job promoting this event.

I agree with Jacqueline that, ..."this is going to be a great experience...as it will give us the confidence to attract other 'raw luminaries' to Asheville!"

Let's pool our resources and see what we can come up with. I need everyone's input, ideas, suggestions, etc... immediately so we can have Matt grace us with his presence and his wisdom this coming June.

Excited about what everyone has to offer and looking forward to hearing from you ASAP...

Love, Gwendolyn

A former member
Post #: 2
It's REALLY HAPPENING! MATT MONARCH IS COMING TO ASHEVILLE ON JUNE 23RD!!

Matt Monarch and all of his great insights and exhuberant energy will be in Asheville ... and giving his talk ... and answering questions... on Saturday afternoon, June 23rd, between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. at the Center for Unlimited Possibilities, which is next door to Earth Fare in Westgate Plaza... a great new space (grand opening Feb 17th from 10 to 10)... which Gwendolyn found. Matt will be charging $15. If you don't know who Matt Monarch is, you can see a video clip of him on the front page of www.rawfoodnetwork.com ... and read one of his articles there as well.

Matt's going to be staying at Stacey's soon-to-be new digs... where rumor has it that there will be a dedicated guestroom reserved especially for such visiting raw food luminaries... and we predict that there will be many, many others... as it is Gwendolyn's and my avowed mission and goal to bring many such raw food lecturers into Asheville in the months to come. We are hoping that Matt will arrive early, so that we will get to enjoy his company a little longer.

We are asking that everyone in this group help us in promoting this event to as many people you know... and to start the drums rolling right now by talking it up amongst your friends and acquaintances that might be interested. I will have flyers promoting this event ... which you can make copies of to post and pass out. A 'master copy' can be obtained by emailing me, or by showing up at the next Rawluck.

We are also asking that anyone with any expertise in promoting, pr, marketing, etc... get in touch with Gwendolyn or me ... to collaborate with us on how they may be of assistance in getting the word out.

I am in the process of setting up a MySpace Raw Food Group specifically for the Asheville Area... as well as a group at one of David Wolfe's sites which is similar to MySpace... but strictly for raw foodists... and will be announcing that to the group in the next day or two... so stay tuned.

With much peace, love and joy!

Jacqueline