addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

South Ashevilles Raw /Vegan/Veggie Folk! Message Board › "Are You Happy or Hurried?" by Peter Ragnar

"Are You Happy or Hurried?" by Peter Ragnar

Chef N.
GarDinSprite13
Group Organizer
Arden, NC
The Razor's Edge Newsletter
For People Who Live Life in the Pursuit of Excellence
"Are You Happy or Hurried?"
by Peter Ragnar

The holiday season is supposed to make you happy – right? Then why are so many folks hurried, with higher than normal anxiety levels? Rather than a season of simple pleasures, sharing good times with family and friends, and renewing old acquaintances, we race as if we were catching the last plane out of Vietnam.

Do you remember the lyrics
of an old song...

“Tis a gift to be simple, 'tis a gift to be wise?” Well, when I look at the holiday season, it occurs to me that wisdom is displayed by simplicity of living. With the hard economic times most are facing, is it really wise to be a driven consumer of items and gadgets that we not only don’t need, but can’t afford?
I know, someone is probably saying, “Look at all the books, DVDs, courses, and health-promoting products Peter has on his website and in his catalog. What if no one bought any of his products, why he’d go out of business!” You’re absolutely correct - all the dear people who work for me would lose their jobs and all our suppliers would lose our business, and if you happened to work for one of those companies, you also would be “downsized” out of a job.

"So I suppose this is just another little way of thanking you for patronizing Roaring Lion."

After all the trinkets and holiday gifts are forgotten and packed away in the closet or attic and you’ve finally gotten all the tinsel picked out of the carpet, and you’re now worried about paying your heating bill, I do hope my books and words will be warming your soul and bringing you peace and goodwill.

The greatest gift you can receive is fuel to warm your heart; it’s that fire which also heals your body. The warm inner glow is what you feel when you’re happy, not hurried. So, once again I hope you find my message as a holiday gift to you. None of us can find happiness if we live driven, overloaded, and feeling as if life were a race. Listen, there’s no trophy given in the rat race, and there’s no finish line to cross. However, there’s a huge price to pay for participation.

1) Compulsive, driven individuals hear the sirens of success so loudly that one’s inner voice is deafened. If these two voices aren’t balanced, you can easily fall into self-deception. Yes, you may get what you think you need externally, yet you’ll miss what you really need internally.

2) Compulsive, driven individuals will face moral challenges of honesty and integrity in their dealings with others. The tendency to win at all cost - that is, to let nothing stand in the path of one’s self-declared success - often is at odds with one’s moral values. True success allows you to look at yourself in the mirror and say, “I stand with my integrity intact, and I love the person I see.”

3) Compulsive, driven individuals have an uncanny way of complicating their lives. Often, they’re so busy that they haven’t the time for meaningful relationships. There will be no frolicking in the snow, no sleigh rides, no ice skating on the farm pond or singing before a cold night’s bonfire. No! Business, projects, and other commitments take priority. Sure, this Type A personality will get things done, deadlines met, and goals accomplished - leaving a pile of dead relationships behind. They say, “It’s lonely at the top.” Since these folks have life in reverse, the darkness they feel is the result of finally arriving at the bottom.

4) Compulsive, driven individuals consider life as a contest that is made up of winners and losers. Once, in talking with a highly successful, driven person, he said to me, “You’ve got to see your customer as someone you need to fight for their money. There can be only one winner in business.” I almost blurted out an oath of expletives. The truth is, you only win (if I can use that term) when your customer becomes your client and your client becomes your friend. The one who really wins is the one who gives the greatest gift.

5) Compulsive, driven individuals are easily angered, easily frustrated, easily irritated. Why? Because they perceive almost everything as a threat to their success. And I’ve observed that, in their heart of hearts, they know they’re not the person they really desire to be.

6) Compulsive, driven individuals never slow down. They’ll be working on the computer when the rest of the family is sound asleep. Not a spare minute to be had free of their self-imposed, demanding schedules. No conversation relates unless it has to do with their goals and sense of importance. No matter how many of the “beautiful people” their entourage contains, there can be no meaningful relationships because everyone secretly knows they’re just along for the ride.

7) Compulsive, driven individuals fear loss of control. Therefore, they tend to be “control freaks”. To demand the outside world to comply with your demands is a prescription for a nervous breakdown. The world is as it is, and despite all our demands and emotional addictions, it often remains unchanged.

Actually, anything that disturbs your peace and makes you unhappy can usually be traced back to one addiction or another not being unfulfilled. You might try considering all the things you actually have total control over, verses those you don’t. Suddenly, in an honest surrender to that truth of life, an unexpected serenity will show up: “Tis a gift to be simple, ‘tis a gift to be wise…”

Slow down and focus on the countless number of simple joys you can share this holiday season. Set your emotionally-backed demands aside. Down-level them into mild preferences. After all, if it’s just a preference that isn’t fulfilled, not much is lost emotionally, right? Life is what it is, and all the demanding in the world won’t change that.

So accept your life as it is today (you can always make changes without getting upset). But just for now, during the holiday season, please slow down and make this a season of simple pleasures with those you love.
Remember, if you’re not so hurried, you’ll be a lot more happy.

Much Love and Success,

Roaring Lion Publishing No Spam Pledge: Under no circumstances will we EVER rent, sell, or give away your email address for any reason. We deeply respect your privacy. If you would like to stop receiving these newsletters, please send an email to roaringlion@roaringlionpublishing.com and you will be promptly removed from our list. Thank you.

Ragnar's Razor
of the Day
"The greatest gift you can receive is fuel to warm your heart; it’s that fire which also heals your body."
Points of Interest:
Start Slowly - It Builds-up Quickly!:
We're Taking Investments Now!
Stay Warm AND Healthy this Winter!
A Chi-Mendous
stocking stuffer!
Save $500 on a K-1 and get a FREE Vibration Belt - a $247.00