What we're about
A group for casual players, singers and music fans who enjoy acoustic-oriented music: rock, blues, folk, jazz and classical. A place where those with similar interests will be able to connect and get together in various types of gatherings to share some music and spirit.
The group focus is all about having fun with friends in a relaxed informal manner, not with any band or performance aspirations. Others may be more serious and this can be a place for them to meet up also. We will will also post events for live shows to meet up and see with other members.
Upcoming events (1)
We are continuing our regular open mic...but instead of gathering in one place, we are on-line. We'll send out the link out to each performer prior to the event.
It may not seem like it, but Spring is here. Ernest Borgnine and I will be your host for the evening. Rules for the event are similar as in the past with some changes:
- Please include in your RSVP if you will perform or observe
- We will limit to 16ish performers that will be chosen by blind draw at 6:45pm the day of the event,
- 2 songs not to exceed 10 minutes of time.
- Be tuned up and ready to play when your turn comes. Any setup time or banter comes out of the performers time.
- Performer draw for slots start sharply at 6:45.
- Meeting host will signal all attendees to place themselves on mute in order to situate the musician for performance. If the performer opts to have their song recorded, video recording will also commence. The room (including the host) should remain on mute until the performance is complete.
Attendance is required to secure a spot. Anyone logging in after 7pm may contact the MC or myself in the chat window and inquire if any performer slots are still available. After 7pm it is first come-first-served. If you log in and are stuck in the waiting room, keep an eye on the chat window.
With that said, below are the details for:
- using Zoom downloading the app (do so a day before the event and try logging on)
- Zoom audio properties to get the best sound possible. You'll need a Laptop, Desktop, cellphone with internal microphone and camera. Others may more elaborate setups. Feel free to ask questions:
ZOOM (Event): After receiving the soon-to-be forwarded link, click and you will be taken to the waiting room for the open Mic. Wait to be let in by the host. Choose "Allow" when it asks you while booting up. You may click here at any time to see how things work and to set your sound settings (coming later in the message) even when you are not actually in the zoom room. DO NOT expect to set it up as the meet up is starting.
TIME: 7 to 9 PM (and perhaps a bit longer) The room will open at about 6:30. Initially place yourself on MUTE as a performance may be in progress.
SOUND: In order to get usable sound (so both guitar and voice may be heard), audio properties in ZOOM must be adjusted:
SOUND SET UP INFO: On a computer, mouse over the bottom of the screen and you will see an icon of a video camera, to the right of that
- Go in through the video or the audio from the main page
- Click on Audio on the left had side menu choices
- Bottom right corner click Advanced
- Suppress persistent Background noise...Disable
- Suppress intermittent Background noise....Disable
- Echo Cancellation...Auto
- Make sure, ORIGINAL SOUND is switched "ON"
• Audio and video latency is an issue for most live streaming platforms. Duets, trios or similar by separate participants will not work as latency will interfere with playing in sync/rhythm.
• This is the 20th time we have done this so bare with us if there are issues. The Zoom room is FREE to you since one of our members already purchased the use of it every month.
We very much look forward to hearing you!
- David S.
- Mike B.
- Shawn B.
- 16 attendees
Past events (1,439)
- Mike B.
- Aric C.
- 22 attendees