addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Southern Arizona Preppers Message Board › Anyone interested in the Willcox, Safford area?

Anyone interested in the Willcox, Safford area?

A former member
Post #: 539
Have been looking at land over there and found a peach of a place. Just wondering if any others are interested in a mutual aid group on 160 acres? KC
Ronald Frederick G...
user 3921570
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 24
We’ve visited Willcox several times, & own two… postage stamp… lots a little north of Willcox, off Fort Grant Road.

Re the 160:

How far from town?
How far off paved road?
Well historical info?
Easements? Covenants? Homeowners association?

Can the 160 acres be divided, if so how small, if not then perhaps an LLC with designed exclusive occupation locations per each “owner”?

A reminder to folks, with the right custodian an IRA or 401k can be the owner of land, just like it can own stock in General Motors. A key point of such a purchase is that you cannot live on the property your IRA owns. You CAN however rent property owned by your neighbor's IRA... At 59 ½ though you could distribute the property to yourself with the “only” impact being the property value counted as current income. (Research real estate IRA)

Harold H.
user 61112322
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 26
What is the cost per acre?
Todd S.
user 41475562
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 82
That area is on my wish list if there is water, tell us more please.
Beckie
Momzpink13
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 42
Yes, please. Tell us more. Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 540
Okay, against my better judgement LOL I will tell you all about the property. Please remember it is my dream place too. Here is a link to the listing (it is the one they are asking 95 K for or about 570 per acre) : http://www.flexmls.co...­

There is a well on one of the parcels that is 200 feet deep with water at 50 feet. It is one property with 4 parcels. My understanding is the smallest parcel in the area must be like 18 acres and these are each around 40 so they could be split again. I believe it is about 15 miles off the pavement on a good maintained dirt road that goes to Aravipa primitive area. There are neighbors in the area but not close- likely close enough to get to know and support etc. I totally fell in love with the location, elevation about 4K and lack of mean looking cactus! The soil is more sandy than rocky as well which is good. There is a wash running through each parcel as well which is good.
Lena
user 35353822
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 214
Wow, KC, that looks amazing.... and water too. I love that area and, although I haven't been in quite a few years, it seemed quiet and safe.
Beckie
Momzpink13
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 45
It sounds good on paper. Great that there's a well. Making it sustainable would take some work, but seems doable. KC, do you know anyone who could look at the property and give an educated assessment of it? Is there someone in SAP who has experience with this?

Beckie
A former member
Post #: 542
Not sure what you mean by an assessment. My crew and I went there and walked around and talked to some folks who live near by. Our findings were thus:

Limited access and egress (the road ends in the dead end of Aravipa primitive area). There is one rough dirt road that goes 35 miles through the hills and ends at Pima AZ area.

There have been no LEO calls to the area in years.

Water level seems to be at 50 feet with good water wells at 200 feet- making for inexpensive well drilling and availability of hand/ solar pumping.

The land is mostly level with some slight rolling of small hills making it good for growing food and feed for livestock.

There are jobs available at Fort Grant Correctional facility , Agrigrow and numerous small service business's in Willcox and Safford.

The road is county / state maintained as it goes to a camping area.

There is wildlife in the area, we actually saw Javalina and deer on our short visit.

What else did you want to know? It is as defensible as level land can be and has many mountains near by.
Todd S.
user 41475562
Tucson, AZ
Post #: 83
I would be interested in multiple acres is we can set up a system to share water from the well, such as a cistern and piping, or if multiple wells can be drilled. If we can move ahead, fast growing trees should be planted asap for both concealment amd shade.
A bull dozer can easily create burms to restrict access at chokepoints for security and privacy.