Southern Maine Sea Kayaking Network (SMSKN) is an organization for sea kayakers to meet paddling friends, learn more about all aspects of safe paddling, and plan trips together. We are an all-volunteer nonprofit and have been active since 1990. Network members range from novice to advanced paddlers.
Please take some time to explore our site, check out our Calendar, see some Photos, read our Discussions, and browse our Pages to learn more about us.
By joining SMSKN you agree to our Participant Agreement. Membership is $20 annually and helps pay for the fees of using this site.
Consistent with the resumption of commercial activities, SMSKN is cautiously resuming the use of our Meetup page for posting of club paddling trips. To comply with CDC requirements and protect others, we ask that organizers adhere to the following guidelines:
- Maintain a minimum of six feet between participants at all times or wear a mask. This includes at the launch site.
- Limit group size to 10 people or less so that participants can keep track of each other's proximity
- Post trips no higher than Level 2, to reduce the potential for rescues and emergencies
- Comply with any other government guidelines in place at your location.
- As always, have everyone bring a signed Participant Agreement! Available on our webpage, smskn.net.
Remember that some launch sites may be crowded, so please plan accordingly. Also be aware that aerosols can travel downwind much farther than 6 ft., so stay well-separated both on the shore and the ocean. Have fun, but stay safe! Note that this is an announcement, not a trip or event.