This will be the highlight of your weekend cycling excursions!
Two days of cycling along, in and around the Thousand Islands. We will only be driving, cycling, swimming and messing about on the Canadian side of the border so no passports or USD are needed.
We will be staying two nights in Brockville, ON, so there will be room fees of about $150 per person ($75 per person per night): two people (and two bikes) to a room.
The exact hotel depends on how many cyclists sign up. So this detail is TBD.
The daily bike routes will be either out and back, or loops, or both -- yet to be decided. Saturday's route will be longer, about 90 km. Sunday's route shorter, about 75 km.
Summertime is a very busy time of year in the Thousand Islands area: I must receive your non-refundable deposit of $125 before 16 July to secure your spot on this weekend trip. Then we will decide on drivers and riders, exact hotel destination, etc.
We want to meet up and leave Montreal at 2:30pm on Friday to beat the traffic and arrive at our destination (a 2-hour drive) with lots of time to wander about, maybe go for a swim or do some other activity, and have dinner.
For those who cannot leave work early, there will be a 6pm departure.
Please answer the question when you sign up: "Can you leave at 2:30pm?"
1. You are responsible for cash for meals (breakfast will likely be included in the room fees), extra activities, drinks.
2. Drivers: please let me know in the response to the question, "Can you drive?"... "I am driving and have room for X no. of people". I will announce who the drivers are. When your car is full of riders, simply comment accordingly.
3. Passengers requesting a ride must email drivers directly to secure a spot. Please do it through direct email (click on the driver's name and you will see his/her profile details page; under his/her name you will find 'send email', send the driver your message directly). Please avoid asking for rides in the comments to avoid comments congestion.
4. Ride sharing: Meetup points are TBD
5. Cost sharing: $30/rider as a contribution to drivers. We always try to have two riders per car (plus the driver) but sometimes there may only be one, or sometimes three; the contribution remains the same, $30/rider.
6. Waiting list: Everybody on the Going list is actually on a virtual waiting list until I receive your deposit.
7. If you are on the Going list and your plans change and you cannot join us, then you MUST find a replacement cyclist. I cannot refund your room fees.
8. When you RSVP you will be asked two questions. Please answer them both. If you do not see the questions, send me your answers in a PM: Can you leave at 2:30pm? Can you drive and take riders?