What we're about
Stag Walkers is a friendly walking and social group primarily aimed at people in their 20s and 30s but all are welcome and we have members of all ages. We run weekly walks, on Saturdays or Sundays, varying in length from around 5 to 15 miles, and we host regular social nights. Walks and socials generally take place across Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and South Cambridgeshire.
The group was formed in 2007 and is not profit making. It is part of and funded by Ramblers, Britain's walking charity. It is run by a group of volunteer Ramblers members who are actively involved in the group.
Why walk with Stag Walkers?
• You want to meet like-minded people who enjoy walking
• You enjoy getting outdoors and exercising
• You want to discover the beauty of Herts, Beds and Cambs countryside
• Take place throughout Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and South Cambridgeshire (although we sometimes go further afield)
• Are on country footpaths, through pretty villages and skirt some of the towns in the area
• Range from around 5 miles up to 15 miles
• Are led by members who volunteer their time for free and are insured to lead walks
Socialising with the Group
In addition to walks, we have a regular social calendar. We organise a range of events throughout the year.
Joining the Group
You are welcome to join up to 3 Ramblers walks free of charge. After you’ve sampled our walks, we ask you to become a member of Ramblers if you wish to continue walking with us. For details of how to join and how much it costs please visit our website.
As a charity we ask that non-members consider making a voluntary donation to Ramblers until they become a full member. We suggest £3-4 per walk. A member of the admin team or the walk leader may mention this at the start of the walk and can accept donations on the day. You can also donate online at the Ramblers website.
Ramblers is a registered charity, no. 1093577 (England & Wales). Your donation will go directly towards funding Stag Walkers, and to wider Ramblers charitable activities.
Notes for joining a walk
• Please ensure you bring adequate drinking water for the duration of the walk.
• Please bring a packed lunch & additional snacks if you require them - a lunch stop cannot be guaranteed. Any pub stops tend to be for drinks rather than food to save time.
• Please dress appropriately for the weather and ground conditions. Walking boots and waterproofs are strongly advised in the winter and when wet!
• Please arrive at the meeting point in good time, preferably 5-10 minutes before the advertised start time; walks begin promptly at the start time stated.
• Car-sharing is encouraged but a lift cannot be guaranteed. We ask members to arrange car-sharing between themselves in advance. Our Facebook Group or the Meetup event page are the best places to do this. If you get a lift with another member please offer a contribution to their petrol of £2-3 depending on distance.
On joining Ramblers as a member of Stag Walkers Walking Group
• You will be sent our regular member e-newsletter (if you opt in to marketing emails) containing upcoming walk, news and interesting information about walking and the Ramblers
• You are entitled to join in any of the group's walks, weekends away and socials
• Your money will help run the group and Ramblers achieve its charitable objectives
• Get great discounts at Cotswold Outdoor, and offers on other products and services from time to time
• You will receive Ramblers quarterly Walk magazine, and biannual Stile magazine covering our Area
• And more...
• Don't forget to quote our group code (HF52) when joining!
Please note the following:
• Booking is required for most walks and events - please read the event description for details.
• If coming to a walk for the first time, you will recognise us by our walking gear, we look like Ramblers (only younger) and anyone there can confirm.
We look forward to seeing you on a walk soon!
Upcoming events (4)
Past events (519)
This content is available only to members