** Happy 2019! Update on this meetup: there will be a raffle where participants can win an Xbox One S **
This talk features Apache Ignite.
Apache Ignite is an open-source distributed database, caching and processing platform, designed to store and compute on large volumes of data across a cluster of nodes. This in-memory computing platform is durable, strongly consistent, and highly available with powerful SQL, key-value and processing APIs.
Attendees will be introduced to the fundamental capabilities of in-memory computing platforms that boost highly-loaded applications, research projects, machine learning, risk analysis and fraud-detection tasks.
How? By storing and processing massive amounts of data in memory and on disk across a cluster of machines.
By the end of the workshop the attendees will learn how to:
- Apply machine learning algorithms supported by Apache Ignite
- Deploy a distributed Apache Ignite cluster
- Preload data into the cluster
- Create custom calculations and algorithms
- Solve optimizations problems by simulating the process of biological evolution.
Nice food (prepared by onsite chef...) and drinks are included.