addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-leftarrow-right-10x10arrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1languagelaunch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinlockm-swarmSearchmailmediummessagesminusmobilemoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahooyoutube

Star Circle Academy Message Board Please Read these Important Mesages. › SUGGESTIONS for Webinars, Field Events or Workshops? Post here!

SUGGESTIONS for Webinars, Field Events or Workshops? Post here!

Steven C.
NightSkyGuy
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 659
Got a great idea that might make for a great webinar, field event or workshop - we'd be glad to hear it. Suggestions about how to improve something we've already done? Don't be bashful.

Jonathan
angelire
San Jose, CA
Post #: 3
Since it's webinar, it would be great to see a night photo workflow of some of your favorites.
Such as startrails, milky way, city lights.
Steven C.
NightSkyGuy
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 780
Since it's webinar, it would be great to see a night photo workflow of some of your favorites.
Such as startrails, milky way, city lights.

Funny you should say this. Eric and I have been working on exactly this... we've run trials of various specific operations and how to achieve them.

Are there any specifics you'd like to have covered? Here are some examples of things we've been looking at:

• Color Correction (e.g. combating the dreaded brown sky, keeping naturally color stars)
  • Flavors of Stacking - when and how to use them (there are many different types of stacking with different applications).
  • Layering and blending - creative and for overcoming shooting challenges
  • Dealing with noise after the fact (better to do it before the fact as described in Down With the Noise.)
  • Improving the "wow" without compromising integrity (saturation, sharpening, contrast improvement, touch up)

Steven C.
NightSkyGuy
Group Organizer
San Jose, CA
Post #: 781
All, please pile on here with any additional suggestions! Also see the Interest List for this event.
marsha k.
user 14256440
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 1
1. How to read / use a Star Chart and plan for shot where specific group of stars or the milky way will be over a specific point for a composition -- much like you do for the moon webinar only for the milky way. This was touched on briefly in the first aborted Milky Way workshop, but I would like to see this in a webinar where I could take notes ask questions, etc.

Deborah
Dmzajac2004
San Jose, CA
Post #: 88
Are there any specifics you'd like to have covered? Here are some examples of things we've been looking at:

• Color Correction (e.g. combating the dreaded brown sky, keeping naturally color stars)
  • Flavors of Stacking - when and how to use them (there are many different types of stacking with different applications).
  • Dealing with noise after the fact (better to do it before the fact as described in Down With the Noise.)
  • Improving the "wow" without compromising integrity (saturation, sharpening, contrast improvement, touch up)

All of the above please.

Thank you!
marsha k.
user 14256440
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 2
Perhaps as a another webinar - it would be nice to have one on panoramics. How to shoot them, and process them. What to avoid, how to tweak the stitching or layers, workflow, etc.

Eric H.
user 7994813
Sunnyvale, CA
Post #: 217
Pano's huh? I think, I can do that!!
marsha k.
user 14256440
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 3
Pano's huh? I think, I can do that!!
I will look for it.
marsha k.
user 14256440
San Francisco, CA
Post #: 6
Another idea for future 150 Photo Manipulation Class -- How to process the foreground. By that I mean, I have stacked my celestial subjects using the simple astro processing techniques, and my sky looks great. However my foreground is out of register. Is there a workflow or "simple masking technique" to include the foreground in our image after we have processed the sky? Looking forward to the next class whenever it can be held.