We hope you enjoyed the holiday weekend, and wish you a happy 2017!
Join us for a very special edition of Hardware Massive Hong Kong in January. We have industry experts from the 3 main stages of a hardware startup (funding, manufacturing, marketing) who will give in-depth advice to 3 local hardware startups.
This will be a great chance for everyone to learn from the leading industry leaders in what to do (and not do) in the various stages of a startup.
RSVP on the main event page at: https://hardwaremassive.com/events/2017/01/comprehensive-startup-walkthrough-experts-advise-hardware-startups-1
• Development Expert: Nick Ramil - Head of Validation at Brinc
As a founding team member of Brinc, Nick helps startups who are creating great products secure the right visibility and distribution channels. Through crowdfunding he has raised multi-millions (USD) for multiple hardware projects and built successful businesses in various industries, from import/export coupled with distribution to product development.
Prior to Brinc, Nick founded EnterChina, the #1 private online community for doing business with China.
• Funding Expert: Derek Kwik - Managing Partner at BraveSoldier Ventures
Born and educated in Hong Kong, Derek is an early "returnee" to Asia with 25+ years of market entry experience. He is one of the most respected technology community leaders who's involved with nearly every accelerator/incubator/co-working space in HK.
Since 1999, Derek has reviewed 15,000+ business plans and pitches beginning with first generation internet companies. Since 2004, Derek is the Managing Partner of BraveSoldier Venture Capital, a technology venture capital fund (www.bsvcap.com (http://www.bsvcap.com/)). With a background in investment banking, direct investment and management consulting, he has worked in all aspects of fundraising including angel investing, family office, Series A and IPOs (HK Mainboard, GEM, NASDAQ).
• Manufacturing Expert: Greg Fisher - CEO of BSG Berkeley Sourcing Group
Greg is a serial entrepreneur with a focus on manufacturing and hardware startups, with over 10 years of experiences in providing turnkey development and manufacturing in China for hardware startups. He founded BSG - Berkeley Sourcing Group (www.berkeleysg.com (http://www.berkeleysg.com/)), which provides development, manufacturing and quality control services for small & midsize businesses taking new and innovative products to mass production.
Greg also founded Hardware Massive (hardwaremassive.com (http://hardwaremassive.com/)), THE global platform for hardware startup communities, and has worked hard on creating a global network of hardware entrepreneurs sharing resources. He is also the founder of HardwareCon (http://www.hardwarecon.com (http://www.hardwarecon.com/)), the annual conference for hardware startups held every March in the San Francisco Bay Area.
• Marketing Expert: Josh Steimle - CEO of MWI
Josh Steimle is a speaker, writer, and entrepreneur. He has written over 200 articles for publications like Forbes, Inc, Mashable, TechCrunch, Entrepreneur, and Time, and is the author of "Chief Marketing Officers at Work (https://www.joshsteimle.com/books/cmos-at-work)", which includes 29 interviews with CMOs from organizations like GE, the Harvard Business School, Spotify, Target, and PayPal, and was recognized in Success Magazine as one of the 5 Best Business Books of 2016 (http://www.success.com/article/the-5-best-lessons-from-the-5-best-business-books-of-2016).
Josh is the CEO of MWI (https://www.mwi.com/), a digital marketing firm he founded in 1999 with offices in Hong Kong, Singapore, China, and the U.S. Josh has presented to business groups, industry associations, and at events like TEDx, ClickZ Live, Echelon, Ad:Tech, CommunicAsia, Social Media Week, and the Content Marketing Conference. He was recognized by Forbes as one of 25 Marketing Influencers To Watch In 2017 (http://www.forbes.com/sites/julesschroeder/2016/11/29/25-marketing-influencers-to-watch-in-2017/), ranked #7 on Richtopia’s list of Top 100 Most Influential CMOs (http://richtopia.com/inspirational-people/top-100-chief-marketing-officers-cmos), and ranked #11 by social media research firm Leadtail on their list of People Most Mentioned and Retweeted by CMOs (https://www.roberthalf.com/creativegroup/blog/are-you-thinking-like-a-cmo).
• Startup #1: Melissa Gersin - Founder of Tranquilo Mat
The Portable Soothing Vibrating Baby Mat. www.tranquilomat.com (https://www.tranquilomat.com/)
• Startup #2: Hammer Chu - Co-Founder & Creative Director of Floatti
A smarter suitcase for happier travelers. http://floatti.com
• Startup #3: Jon Buford - Founder of Atomo
Atomo modular system. http://atomosys.com (http://atomosys.com/)
• 6:30: Networking, Beer & Pizza
• 7:00: Opening, Demos & Pitches
• 7:20: Networking, Beer & Pizza
• 7:40: Hardware Experts: Comprehensive Walkthrough for 3 Startups
• 9:00: Networking, Beer & Pizza
This event is powered by:
• Startup Launchpad - Asia’s largest hardware startup tradeshow held in Hong Kong that gives new companies access to 60,000+ distributors and retailers worldwide. www.launchpadhk.com (http://www.launchpadhk.com/)
• NOA Labs - One of the world's best known turnkey solution for design, development, prototyping, crowdfunding, and mass production. www.noa-labs.com (http://www.noa-labs.com/)
• Clarity - Clarity designs and develop web and mobile applications: they bring ideas to life. www.clarityhk.com (http://www.clarityhk.com/)
• MakerHive Hong Kong - Co-working space for designers and makers in Hong Kong. www.makerhive.com.hk (http://www.makerhive.com.hk/)
• Brinc Co-working at PMQ offers easy access to Hong Kong's tech and creative community at super reasonable rates in the heart of Central. Startups get 24/7 exclusive entry to PMQ and the opportunity to meet cool startups working on projects in connected hardware, blockchain, and VR/AR. You’ll also get access to tech events at the Brinc IoT Hub and also be in the know about what’s happening at PMQ!
Seats are limited! Apply here to submit an application now: http://brinc.io/apply-co-working-form/
• MakerHive Screening #2: Capital C. Join MakerHive every second Wednesday of the month at 6:30pm for a new, once-a-month curated screening series focusing on innovative concepts such as open source, local manufacturing, crowd funding, digital fabrication, and maker culture.
RSVP at: https://www.facebook.com/events/1130107297110189/
Please note that this is a Hardware Massive event for Hardware Massive members. If you attend and are not directly RSVP'd through the Hardware Massive event page, you will need to provide your name & email & approval for permission to register you onto our site at the door.