Statalytics NYC is a forum for current and future data science practitioners, dedicated to promoting the art and science of data analytics. Run by and for professionals, we aim to provide training opportunities, the general skills and know-how you’ll need to enhance your career. Along the road, we’ll explore statistical computing and programming with software packages (such as SAS, R, Python, and others) and analytical techniques, including:
• Shared best practices in statistical programming software, such as package development (in R) or macros (in SAS)
• Training, including the latest in techniques, tips, and tricks: (a) For beginners only (b) Master class
• Current issues in modeling
• Providing networking opportunities to learn more about what our colleagues are doing
• Employment and professional discussions with our “recruiters in residence”: informative debates on the state of the analytics: (a) Skills in demand (b) Compensation (c) How to prep for an interview
When it comes to the use of software, the group is relatively agnostic. A practitioner wants to be practical to get the job done, and will use whatever it takes.