Staten Island Boardgamers Message Board › Happy GAGE Day 2012!!! December 16,2012 @Panera Bread
Staten Island, NY
G = Gamer
A = Accessory
G = Gift
E = Exchange
Here is how you play! ;) You must bring a gift that is $5, or a series of gifts (like 5 dollar store gifts ) that equal $5.
It should be either a game accessory, or even a game (presumably something folks might consider playing.)
What are game accessories: velvety dice bags, dice, cards, scoring items, pawns, meeples, dry erase, baking cups, candy, beverage, gift card ($5 value only), etc.... etc.....
The idea is to be practical, creative, and/or funny!
Nothing religious please. Nothing over/under priced. Nothing illegial and/or "adult" please.
All gifts must be wrapped. It can be wrapped in a wrapping paper, a gift bag, an oversized box, a paper bag, newspaper, even tin foil. But the item itself should be "disguised" in some way. BE CREATIVE! It's part of the fun!
The exchange game will start at 5pm prompt. (You may drop your gift off early, if necessary, however, you will "be stuck with" whatever gift you wind up getting.)
How you play: (players will be assigned random numbers)
1. The first person picks a gift from the pile. It is NOT opened!
2. The second person either steals the first person's gift, or takes a new one. Again, NOT opened!
3. The third person either steals from the first or second person, or takes a new one.
4. This continues until all players have a gift that is not their own, in front of them, NOT opened.
5. Final trades will be permitted BEFORE gifts are actually opened/revealed.
6. Last person to pick is first person to open wrappings. He/She has 1 of 2 choices: Either keeps gift in front of him/her, or may place it back in the center.
7. Next to last person to pick now goes, they too have choices: KEEP, STEAL (an opened gift) or RETURN TO CENTER. However, if it's returned to the center, they automatically get the gift that is already IN the center, if there is one. If there isn't a gift in the center, then they have to wait it out, and hope that someone doesn't put something too terrible in the center. LOL NOTE: If no one puts anything in the center after you, then that center gift is returned to you at the end of the game. (Hey look, you tried! LOL )
8. Play continues until all gifts have been unwrapped and assigned.
9. Players will then vote on if they want to do "FINAL TRADES" on opened gifts. LOL Majority decides yes or no to a final trade option, or if you are "stuck" with whatever you got. LOL
This game is meant to be light-hearted, and fun. Gifts should be creative, and relevant to gaming. If your gift is "vague" include a small note with it (on the inside of the wrapped gift please!) explaining what the gift can be used for in the gaming world.
PLEASE RSVP if you are playing.
And, PLEASE, do not tell anyone what gift you are bringing! It's a secret!!!!
So............ who is in? ;D
Staten Island, NY
I am in! This was so much fun last year!