Welcome to Steel City Heritage Events (SCHE). My name is Steve, and I am passionate about local history. I have been involved in arranging and hosting a wide variety of activities for a number of local social clubs, for nearly ten years.
SCHE aims to connect like minded people to celebrate the rich heritage of the City of Sheffield and the surrounding area, through arranging history walks, and visits to museums and historical buildings and locations.
We are a friendly group and actively encourage the members to arrange, host and contribute to events and share knowledge on local heritage topics. We all bring something to the party.
Hope to see you soon
To help SCHE run smoothly, please note the following -
* Please provide a clear photo -this means we can recognise you when you come to an event
* Please change your RSVP as soon as you know you can't attend. We know that sometimes life interferes with our social plans so it can't be helped.
* If you're running late – please let the event host know.
* Three 'no-shows' and we will remove you from the group. Sorry about this, but it's something which frustrates us. (The first time this happens you will have chance to re-join, but if it's persistent we may permanently remove you)
* Gate-crashing – Please do not "gate-crash" an event which is full and/or has a waiting list. This will be treated in a similar way to no-showing.
* Please be respectful - The group is about enjoying local heritage, getting out, and meeting new like minded people. Please be sociable but maintain respect. If you do feel uncomfortable for any reason (in person or online) please let me know.
TERMS AND DISCLAIMER
This is a free to join group to enable people to get together. You should read the info below and understand that we aren't a formally run group, you don't pay a membership and we don't hold formal qualifications or have a formal organisational structure. The group and events are run on goodwill by people who donate their time and energy to create events for you to attend if you wish to join us.
The purpose of this group is to arrange heritage based activities to members of Steel City Heritage Events, any member participating in any such events does so entirely at their own risk.
It is not the responsibility of this group's organisers or the hosts of any event arranged via this group to check and ensure the suitability of individuals to attend any particular event.
It is the responsibility of the individual participating in any event arranged via this group to ensure that they are in a fit medical state to do so.
Any individual participating in any event arranged via this group must make their own travel arrangements in order to attend.
By signing up to and attending an event you confirm the following points:-
1) You acknowledge that the organisers including hosts of this group do not necessarily hold any formal qualifications in relation to any of the events or any formal training.
2) You agree and acknowledge that this group has no legal duty of care to its members and guests and that its organisers including hosts accept no liability for any accident occurring from, or for any injuries arising out of, participation in this group's activities, including travel to and from an event.