- Creativity, after the shot!
Join a small group workshop at WeWork (333 Seymour St.) for inspiration and to bring your photography to the next level! Bring 12-24 of your own images printed out in 4x6 or 5x7". We'll go over what your own vision and style is and how you want to develop!
- Cancelled due to no rsvps
You don't have to go somewhere to do travel photography! Get the skills and practice at home. We have some great locations, including of course Steveston. We will wander around the village and the docks getting some traditional and not so traditional travel shots. A great opportunity to develop your own style for travel photography!
- Kelby Worldwide Photowalk
This is the 8th Kelby Worldwide Photowalk. Please rsvp here: http://worldwidephotowalk.com/walk/steveston-photowalks/ This walk will focus on light and creativity for all levels of experience. Starting early will encourage long exposure shots, so bring a tripod! We will be staying along the river around the docks for the early morning light and activities around the waterfront. After the walk we can meet up for breakfast at the Steveston Hotel and go over images and chat!
- Commercial Drive Brewery Crawl & Photo Tour
East Vancouver Brewing Company and then meander to Storm Brewing (so cool, a must stop!), Parallel 49, Andina Brewing, Powell Brewery, Luppolo, Off the Rails, Bomber... There's a good chance we will finish up having dinner somewhere on the Drive. I'm copying this meet up from one I went on and had a blast. These are breweries and tastings are available at each one for $5. I need to split the samples with someone though or my photos will be a little too creative...
- Art Photography at Finn Slough!
There is an annual Finn Slough Art Show each spring, so get creative and start making some art for it or just for fun! Expand your ideas on how to use your camera. Bring tripods and filters if you like! I'll go over some creative processes in camera and help you develop your own art style. I will bring a Nikon pinhole body cap if anyone wants to try doing digital pinhole images! I'll have one model (teenage girl) available.
- Fashion Photography
We have 4-5 models and K-O.me is the designer. We have permission to shoot inside Lonsdale Quay for two hours with lighting if you choose. It is a TFP shoot for the models, stylist and make up artists. We will meet outside at the eating area at about 4pm and our inside time starts at 4:30pm. Afterwards, hopefully we will have good weather and continue to shoot outside with Vancouver as the backdrop till sunset. Models: Cara: facebook: "Cara H Model-Actress" Instagram: @cara.l.h Alita: Facebook: Alita Dupray Emily: Facbook: Emily Ginza Tetyana: Facebook: Tetyana Golota Make Up & Hair: Elle: Facebook: Elle Obando, Instagram: @byellemua Sarah: Facebook: Sarah Jung, Instagram: @sjungart Jewelry: Chi (http://www.chiscreations.com/collections) Please tag all images with the model and make up artist and send them a couple good pics each! Look for details like jewelry and hair as well as the garments for shooting. It's limited in size so please make sure to cancel if you can't make it!!
- BC Home & Garden Show
I have an art wall at the BC Home & Garden Show. You are welcome to come and visit and I can answer any questions you may have about selling or art! Text me at[masked] before you come as I may still have some passes left. There's lots of other art to see as well. We'll have a real Photowalks soon!!!
- ArtRich Opening at the Richmond Art Gallery
• What we'll do ArtRich 2017 December 2, 2017 - December 31, 2017 Opening Reception: Friday, December 1, 2017, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM The Gallery will host a juried exhibition organized by the Richmond Arts Coalition (RAC). ArtRich 2017 will feature artworks by local and regional visual artists from the Lower Mainland. The exhibition provides an opportunity for emerging and established artists from Richmond and nearby communities to exhibit together and celebrate local talent. http://www.richmondartgallery.org/exhibition/artrich-2017/ • Important to know Join Kerri-Jo, who has a piece curated into the December exhibition, at the opening!