Innovation is the key to resilient, sustainable, and thriving business, community, and culture. In practice, however, innovation is often difficult, because many imagine the innovation journey as a way from A to B and believe that there is only one bridge between these points to build. From insight to innovation, from the idea to implementation - the process is not linear in reality. We must understand that reality is uncertain, complex, and often times chaotic. So how can leaders in businesses and communities navigate complexity to drive innovation and become more resilient to change?
SDI Birmingham is for entrepreneurs, executives, and directors charged with managing organizations and teams that are interested in Lean, Design Thinking, Agile, Customer Experience, and Product/Service Innovation, and Service Design.
We'll hold monthly meetings with guest speakers, networking, and good food.
The following topics will be regularly discussed:
• Agile (including Fundamentals, TDD/BDD, Sprint Planning, Story Mapping)
• Lean & Kanban for Manufacturing, Software, Construction, Process Innovation, Continuous Improvement
• Design Thinking, Service Design, UX Design, LeanUX
• Product & Project Management
• Business Model Innovation
• Organizational Design
• Managing Change
• VP/Director, Operations
• VP/Director Product Development
• VP, Human Resources/People Operations
• VP/Director, Corporate Strategy
• Chief Design Officer / Executive Creative Director
• Director, Process Excellence, Organization, Methods