Sunday Assembly Knoxville is a secular congregation that celebrates life without deity, dogma, or doctrine. Our free monthly celebrations feature wonderful speakers, irresistible songs, and inspiring service projects. Our motto: live better, help often, wonder more. Our mission: a Sunday Assembly in every town, city and village that wants one. Our vision: to help everyone live life as fully as possible.
Sunday Assembly Knoxville is part of the international movement of people who want to celebrate the one life we know we have. There are nearly 70 other Assemblies throughout the country and across the globe in nearby locations such as Nashville, Atlanta, and Charlotte, and far flung locations like London, Tokyo and New Zealand.
We meet the fourth Sunday of every month at The Concourse located at 940 Blackstock Ave., Knoxville, TN 37921. We are family-friendly and children are welcome. We have a potluck afterwards, so bring your appetite and a willingness to mingle with like-minded folks in a laid back environment!
* Live Better. We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking and practical ideas that help people to live the lives they want to lead and be the people they want to be
* Help Often. Assemblies are communities of action building lives of purpose, encouraging us all to help anyone who needs it to support each other
* Wonder More. Hearing talks, singing as one, listening to readings and even playing games helps us to connect with each other and the awesome world we live in.
The Sunday Assembly:
1. Is 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together.
2. Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
3. Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
4. Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
5. Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
6. Has a community mission. Through our Action Heroes (you!), we will be a force for good.
7. Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organizations or services.
8. Is here to stay. With your involvement, The Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place.
9. We won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can.
10. And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have.
What should you expect from a Sunday Assembly event?
Just by being with us you should be energized, vitalized, restored, repaired, refreshed and recharged. No matter what the subject of the Assembly, it will solace worries, provoke kindness and inject a touch of transcendence into the everyday.
But life can be tough… It is. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, we have moments of weakness or life just isn’t fair. We want The Sunday Assembly to be a house of love and compassion, where, no matter what your situation, you are welcomed, accepted and loved.