What we're about
Join our secular community, where we find ways to live better, help often, and wonder more! Our monthly assemblies are a great time to come learn what we are all about. We welcome all families and individuals. We hope you'll join us!
Assemblies are held the 4th Sunday of each month.
The Sunday Assembly is a secular community that celebrates life.
Our motto: live better, help often, wonder more.
Our vision: To help everyone live life as fully as possible.
We are here for everyone who wants to:
Live Better. We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking and practical ideas that help people to live the lives they want to lead and be the people they want to be.
Help Often. Assemblies are communities of action building lives of purpose, encouraging us all to help anyone who needs it to support each other.
Wonder More. Hearing talks, singing as one, listening to readings and even playing games helps us to connect with each other and the awesome world we live in.
The Sunday Assembly
• Is 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together.
• Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
• Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
• Is radically inclusive. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place of love that is open and accepting.
• Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
• Has a community mission. Through our Action Heroes (you!), we will be a force for good.
• Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organizations or services
• Is here to stay. With your involvement, The Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place
• We won’t won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can
• And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have