What we’re about
Sunday Assembly San Diego is a non-religious congregation that celebrates life. Our motto: live better, help often, wonder more.
Join us for our monthly Assembly on the 3rd Sunday of each month, a one hour celebration with some songs and a guest speaker, followed by coffee and snacks. In between Assemblies, we host social gatherings and service projects. You are welcome to join any and all of these events! Sunday Assembly San Diego is part of the international movement of people who want to celebrate the one life we know we have. When traveling, look for other Assemblies in Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, Edinburgh, Utrecht, London, etc.
We are here for everyone who wants to:
* Live Better. We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking and practical ideas that help people to live the lives they want to lead and be the people they want to be
* Help Often. Assemblies are communities of action building lives of purpose, encouraging us all to help anyone who needs it to support each other
* Wonder More. Hearing talks, singing as one, listening to readings and even playing games helps us to connect with each other and the awesome world we live in.
1. Is 100% celebration of life. Let’s enjoy it together.
2. Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
3. Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
4. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place that is open and accepting. We welcome all who welcome all.
5. Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
6. Has a community mission. Through our Action Heroes (you!), we will be a force for good.
7. Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organizations or services.
8. Is here to stay. With your involvement, The Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place.
9. We won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can.
10. And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have. What should you expect from a Sunday Assembly event? Just by being with us you should be energized, vitalized, restored, repaired, refreshed and recharged. No matter what the subject of the Assembly, it will solace worries, provoke kindness and inject a touch of transcendence into the everyday. But life can be tough… It is. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, we have moments of weakness or life just isn’t fair. We want The Sunday Assembly to be a house of love and compassion, where, no matter what your situation, you are welcomed, accepted and loved. Most of all, have fun, be nice and join in.
Towards that end, Sunday Assembly folks tend to be a friendly group of people, However, please do not send messages to members who you haven't yet met. Doing so is grounds for removal from the group. Group members are encouraged to report to the organizing team unsolicited and unwelcome messages so that we can help out.
To contact us by email: email@example.com
Upcoming events (4+)See all
- Roaming Restaurants at Sabor Brazilian GrillSabor Brazilian Grill, San Diego, CA
Join us at one of our favorite San Diego restaurants! The food is fantastic and the conversation is always a delight. We welcome all who welcome all.
You can look at Sabor Brazilian Grill's website at the following link:
There is accessible parking onsite and three bus routes that can drop you off very close by: Routes 8, 9, and 35.
If you would like to attend this event, but would need a ride to it, please leave a message in the comments section. If you can offer someone a ride, please leave a comment, as well.
- Urban Walk - Waterfront Park to Rady Shell and BackWaterfront Park, San Diego, CA
The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park has been newly-refurbished and is lovely, with walking and cycling paths that are wide and accessible. Let's walk from the county building/Waterfront Park to the Shell and back! Please see the map for the exact starting point. We are meeting on the Harbor Drive side, not the Pacific Highway side.
Event host Gracie will lead this walk in the late afternoon, so we should be able to enjoy a wonderful sunset at the harbor. Wear comfy shoes, sunscreen/hat, and bring some water. This is 3.6 miles round trip, on flat sidewalk or crosswalks.
If anyone needs a lift to the marina, or to be picked up at the closest trolley, please leave a comment and we'll try to pair you up for transport. It's downtown parking on a Saturday, so we estimate paid street parking is good for 3 hours. The closest trolley stops are the blue line Little Italy Station and America Plaza Station, and the nearest bus stop is N Harbor Drive and Ash Street, but there are a s&%tload of bus stops nearby.
- Food and Fun with FriendsMiguel's Cocina Old Town, San Diego, CA
We are a fun dining group that eats at a different restaurant every first Sunday of the month. The hosts are volunteers so there are no fees to attend. Simply pay for your meal and a 20% tip.
We will be dining in Old Town at Miguel's Cocina. They have great Mexican food. Here is the menu. Ask for Emily's party.
Please RSVP ASAP so we can save you a spot. The last one filled quickly.
Everyone reading this is welcome to RSVP and join us. See you soon.
There are a bunch of bus lines to Old Town Transit Center.
- CroquetVacation Isle, San Diego, CA
Enjoy a wonderful Saturday afternoon of hanging out and playing croquet! Never played croquet before? No worries - it's easy to play! No equipment? No worries - we have enough for all! Just bring yourself, comfortable shoes, water, and any snacks you might want. There are public restrooms nearby.
For the safety and comfort of others, please do not attend if you have any symptoms, even just a minor cold.
We'll play at Vacation Isle in Mission Bay Park. If you would like a ride, leave a note in the comments and someone may be able to give you a ride.