What we're about
Sunday Assembly San Diego is a non-religious congregation that celebrates life. Our motto: live better, help often, wonder more.
Join us for a one hour celebration with some songs and a guest speaker, followed by coffee and snacks. Sunday Assembly San Diego is part of the international movement of people who want to celebrate the one life we know we have. Together, we are Sunday Assembly Everywhere. When traveling, look for other Assemblies in Los Angeles, Nashville, Atlanta, Edinburgh, Utrecht, London, etc.
We are here for everyone who wants to:
* Live Better. We aim to provide inspiring, thought-provoking and practical ideas that help people to live the lives they want to lead and be the people they want to be
* Help Often. Assemblies are communities of action building lives of purpose, encouraging us all to help anyone who needs it to support each other
* Wonder More. Hearing talks, singing as one, listening to readings and even playing games helps us to connect with each other and the awesome world we live in.
The Sunday Assembly:
1. Is 100% celebration of life. We are born from nothing and go to nothing. Let’s enjoy it together.
2. Has no doctrine. We have no set texts so we can make use of wisdom from all sources.
3. Has no deity. We don’t do supernatural but we also won’t tell you you’re wrong if you do.
4. Everyone is welcome, regardless of their beliefs – this is a place that is open and accepting. We welcome all who welcome all.
5. Is free to attend, not-for-profit and volunteer run. We ask for donations to cover our costs and support our community work.
6. Has a community mission. Through our Action Heroes (you!), we will be a force for good.
7. Is independent. We do not accept sponsorship or promote outside businesses, organizations or services.
8. Is here to stay. With your involvement, The Sunday Assembly will make the world a better place.
9. We won’t tell you how to live, but will try to help you do it as well as you can.
10. And remember point 1… The Sunday Assembly is a celebration of the one life we know we have. What should you expect from a Sunday Assembly event? Just by being with us you should be energized, vitalized, restored, repaired, refreshed and recharged. No matter what the subject of the Assembly, it will solace worries, provoke kindness and inject a touch of transcendence into the everyday. But life can be tough… It is. Sometimes bad things happen to good people, we have moments of weakness or life just isn’t fair. We want The Sunday Assembly to be a house of love and compassion, where, no matter what your situation, you are welcomed, accepted and loved. Most of all, have fun, be nice and join in.
To contact us by email: email@example.com