This group is open to anyone...single, coupled, or married. All ages are welcome. Let's get together to share a meal (brunch, lunch, or dinner) or watch a film at the Michigan Theater or State Theater in downtown Ann Arbor. Periodically, other events such as walks/hikes in the parks, concerts, or other activities will be scheduled. If you would like to be a host of an event, just let me know.
Please don't be afraid of the wait-list! Dinners fill up fast, but the closer we get to the event, many people change their RSVPs to No and you can get in.
Since this is not my first Meetup rodeo, I have a few rules that must be followed for meals that involve reservations.
1) RSVPs for meals that involve a reservation must be changed within 24 hours of the event so that those on the waitlist have time to get notified that they have a spot. I also update the restaurant the day before on how many seats we need. I understand that emergencies arise. Please email me through meetup if it is less than 24 hours notice.
2) If you are on the wait-list for an event and you make alternate plans, please remove yourself from the wait-list. The wait-list is automatic and you might get bumped up to a spot unexpectedly. Please be courteous to those farther down the wait-list.
3) If you have 3 no-shows to a dinner or fail to give the 24 hours notice without permission, then you get removed from the group.
4) If you are a newbie, who I have never met and you no-show, you instantly get removed from the group.
5) If you do get bumped up from the waitlist late and don't show up, I do realize that it is late notification and am a little more lenient. However, it is is always better to remove yourself from the waitlist once you make other plans.
Sorry for all the rules, but if this group is anything like my previous group, membership might get large, and we will need to control the no-shows so that people who want a spot can get one.
So what it comes to is this. If your life is too busy or has extenuating circumstances, then don't sign up when you might not be able to come. If something arises, then cancel as early as possible. Be considerate of others. True emergencies are last minute emergencies.