addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Sustainable Living Network - Madison Area Message Board › New Member Perk from Better Body Bootcamp

New Member Perk from Better Body Bootcamp

Todd F.
uroscion
Middleton, WI
Members of the Sustainable Living Network,

Staying healthy and fit is an important part of sustaining your life, your pocketbook, and the country's health care system! Member Erika Goldschen is making that easier for all of us by offering a member perk of 50% off group training classes at her Better Body Bootcamp. Now we can have a meetup fitness class!

New research in fitness is revealing that its faster and easier to stay fit than many believed. Short, intense periodic training can give better results in slimming down while becoming stronger than slow, long distance, possibly harmful aerobic exercises of running and jogging, treadmill or eliptical (over concentration on long distance aerobic exercise can lead to muscle loss as the body sheds strength muscles in favor of slower, aerobic fibers, which can possibly lead to heart problems). Interval training on the other hand develops your fast-twitch muscle fibers, which burn more energy and help create a toned, strong physique. Ok, I know I'm making this into an advertisement, but I happen to personally have known about, researched, used and believed in the techniques that Erika uses at her Bootcamp. She didn't pay us to have me write this and I wouldn't have been so enthusiastic about a treadmill place). She leads classes in interval training, Tabata intervals, and even Kettlebells! So check out her website, look at the membership perks section of the meetup page (under the sponsors tab at the top left, two links over from Home) and post a message on her member board thanking her for the offer!

And, just so you know, any member of SLN who owns or runs a local or sustainability oriented business is not only free to, but encouraged to get your name out there by offering member perks or sponsorship to our group! On the left hand side of our Meetup home page, you'll see lists of our sponsors and membership perks (below the group summary), click on the Offer a perk link to make it happen or contact an organizer to become a sponsor of SLN!