What we're about
Welcome to our Meetup Group!
The Sustainable & Self-Reliant Living Network consists of individuals from all over the State of Florida (and beyond!) that share a common goal of living a more self-reliant lifestyle. Whether you are looking to further develop your gardening skills, build yourself a part-time income or something more substantial like developing your own homestead . . . We are sure that you will find information here that will be of a benefit to you, your family and friends.
Our approach to self-reliant living follows a simple, 10-step process:
- Get out of debt as fast as you can, and build your savings (short & long term)
- Develop your personal wealth plan: Improve or replace your day job, cut your monthly expenses, and understand how to minimize your tax exposure
- Grow, produce and store some of your own food
- Conserve and store water for short and long term needs
- Learn basic medical skills and build first aid kits for your home, work, and autos.
- Maximize your use of your land, and increase its production
- Develop a pragmatic approach to preparing for natural or man-made disasters
- Identify additional means to add energy sources or storage to your preparations
- Continuously improve your self-defense and security capabilities
- Regularly review and grade your current preparedness plan and adjust as needed.
As you take a look around our site, you will find that we leverage and promote local resources that regularly hold classes in our area that are free or a low cost for participating. Our goal is to continuously provide access or promotion of these events for our members. In addition, we are actively looking for additional resources that we can use to educate electronically, such as online events, trainings or webinars. We understand that every dollar that you spend to come out to an event or attend a training, is that much less that you can use to build your preparations. We respect the value of a hard earned dollar, and will do everything we can to keep our costs to a minimum.
We welcome everyone from all walks of life to join us in our pursuit, and strive to provide a safe and secure environment for all to come and learn. We strive to offer a family-friendly site and events, so we will not tolerate any strong language, disrespect or the promotion of hate or violence. If these sorts of things consume you or your group, we respectively ask you to move along . . . this is not the group for you.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us . . . and we look forward to seeing you at one of our events!