What we're about
This is a book club for people who love sci-fi, fantasy, young adult, historical fiction, and possibly other kinds of books. It's also a place for nerding out. If you love Doctor Who, Star Trek, superheroes, video games, board games, or other fun things like that, join us! I'm starting this group to find some people to meet monthly to talk about books, but would love it if we also build a community for enjoying all kinds of nerdy past times.
• I have twin 2.5 year olds, who will be sleeping upstairs. We don't have to whisper, but we can't be boisterous.
• I have 2 large cats and a kitten that will try to love you. I have benedryl here if needed, but if you're badly allergic, then you might be miserable.
• My house is a split level set back from the road, right where there's a bend; which is also where the road name changes, and both of my neighbors have the same house number. I promise my house exists.
• There should be plenty of street parking on the opposite side of the road for those of you that will drive.
• There's always a little blue bucket in the living room somewhere, usually on the shelf where the tv is, for donations to help with the costs of being a meetup host. These are entirely voluntary and NOT required, but just a heads up because I know it gets awkward if you suddenly see someone give me money and you feel like an ass because you don't know what's up. I hate that feeling. I don't keep tabs on who gives what or when, but I do try to keep the total tally accurate online (http://www.meetup.com/Swarthmore-Sci-Fi-Fantasy-Book-Club-and-Hangout/money/) just so you all know I'm not profiting or something.
Otherwise, just come, talk about the book, and have fun. We don't prepare speaking topics or anything like that, just sit around the living room and chat. It's okay if you didn't finish the book as long as you're cool with spoilers. Hang out, have fun.