TL;DR; A place to schedule GOLF with friends and to meet new golf buddies!
~~~~~ COVID-19 precautions while attending an SSG Meetup Event ~~~~
• Wash hands frequently (before playing, at the turn, and after the round).
• Wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth until the group tees off and again after the final hole. Covering your face is about helping others. When I wear a face covering it is protecting you from me, so we all need to wear one to protect our fellow SSG member and the golf staff.
• Maintain 6+ feet separation from other SSG members and golf staff (this is mandatory for membership).
• Maintain 6+ feet of separation when on the putting green (this is mandatory for membership).
• Do not touch other people’s equipment including their ball.
• There will be no hugging, elbow bumps or hand shakes before, during or after the round.
• Prepare ahead of time for items that may be removed from the course (i.e. no water on the course, on course bathrooms (closed), on course trash cans, ball washers, rakes in bunkers, flag sticks, cups may be positioned for contactless retrieval of ball).
• The starter may let us go off early or at an odd time because they are allowing extra space between tee times.
• Try to minimize the amount of people you go with, this will minimize the 6 foot side conversations around the putting green.
• Try to not drive too far for golf. The guideline is to stay home or close to home.
GROUP MEETUPS (2+ tee times) This group is for those who play regularly, but don't always want to go as a single. About 1-2 times a month, Kat will book 2-4 tee times at different courses in the bay area so that we can all go out to play together as a large group.
INDIVIDUAL MEETUPS (1+ tee times, hosted by YOU!) You can post in the discussion to find others to join a tee time that you personally booked or alternatively, request to be an event organizer for this SSG group and post your tee time as an event!
BASICS OF THE GROUP Keep pace of play, even if that means picking up your ball to move it forward or playing a tee box forward of others in the group. Also, this group is comprised mostly of golfers with handicaps between 5 and 28. We play challenging courses throughout the Bay Area.
HOW DO VOUCHERS WORK?
Welcome to the group! For some events we buy Golfmoose deals (at a discount!) ahead of time and then present the prepaid voucher at the pro shop as payment for our round. Usually these vouchers are for two green fees and include a cart. Attendees will “partner up” on these deals. One person buys the voucher and the other person pays them for their share usually via Venmo or cash at the course.
The golfmoose deal is for two people, so post in the comments for a person to share the voucher with and then one of you buy the voucher (via the above link) and the other person pays for their portion, either ahead of time (venmo/paypal) or cash at the course. Bring the voucher (either printed or via your mobile) to the course when you check in at the pro shop for you and the person you are sharing it with.
LIKE THE GROUP? Converse with other Sweet Spot Golfers on Slack: http://bit.ly/join-ssg-slack or make a donation. A $5 per person donation is appreciated to offset the yearly meetup.com account fee, but no one is turned away from enjoying what this group has to offer. Donations can be made via venmo or paypal (DM me for the username) or cash during a meetup.