WELCOME TO SWIFT MONTEVIDEO
Are you excited about Swift?
In order to celebrate Apple's new release , we plan to follow their steps by creating a new and awesome Swift community in Montevideo! Swift will soon be open source! This means, Swift will enter usage outside the iOS/OSX community, being able to port the language into other operating systems, including Linux. Soon we will be able to write our front end and the back end both in Swift. Thanks to several key features, Swift has the potential to become the de-facto programming language for creating immersive, responsive, consumer-facing applications for years to come.
The coding world is moving towards Swift, are you willing to do it too?
Welcome to Swift Montevideo. Join us! Let's make it happen!
- Create a community where we can all learn together, help and get to know each other.
- Keep up with Swift latests features.
- Help existing obj-c developers transition smoothly to Swift.
- Encourage open source culture. - Have fun! Network! Share experiences!!
WHO CAN JOIN?
Everyone! Developers of all abilities and backgrounds, beginners, intermediates and experts!
Join our slack channel swift-montevideo.slack.com. Join here: swift-montevideo.herokuapp.com, you will receive an invitation
HOW ARE WE DOING IT?
With passion and enthusiasm. Always believing in an open community, where everyone's word has value.
- We will hold talks, socials and workshops once every two months!
- Share, chat and communicate through our Slack channel (swift-montevideo.herokuapp.com)
We're always looking for event speakers, hosts and sponsors!! If you would like to collaborate we would love to hear from you!
Let us know, please write to our:
- Direct meetup messages
Follow us on twitter @SwiftMvd