On October 9 we will have a meetup at Digicomp Academy AG in Zurich. Cosmin Cojocar, a Jenkins X contributor, will make an introduction to Jenkins X (https://jenkins-x.io/).
In the last years has been a big change in how we build, package, run and
manage software with the rise of Containers, Kubernetes, Cloud Native, Microservices and Continuous Delivery. As a result we have to deliver business value to our customers faster and continuously in a cloud native fashion - but how?
This talk will introduce you to a new open source project Jenkins X which is a CI/CD platform for Kubernetes based on Jenkins. After a short introduction, we will spend most of the talk demonstrating how to develop applications with CI/CD on Kubernetes:
- Easy setup your CI/CD system on your Kubernetes cluster using
standard tools like: Helm, skaffold, GitHub and Jenkins
- Quickly create new microservices using pre-defined quickstarts or import existing projects with automated CI/CD
- Use Pull Requests to trigger CI, Preview Environments, human approval then a full CD release
- Use automated promotion to Stating and Production environments via Helm charts and GitOps
- Development workflow with DevPods, Visual Studio Code and Jenkins X
• 18:00 - Oleg Nenashev, Intro and welcome
• 18:10 - Cosmin Cojocar, Jenkins X: Continuous Applications Delivery for Kubernetes
• 20:00 - Networking and apéro