- Puppet and Microsoft - Better Together!
Grab a cold drink, have a bite to eat and hear from Microsoft, Puppet, and our mutual partner Diaxion about how Microsoft and Puppet work better together! Agenda (speakers from each group to be announced shortly!) - 6-6:15 - Welcome! - 6:15-6:40 - Diaxion - Working better together with Puppet and Microsoft - 6:50-7:20 - Microsoft - Configuration management and Azure - 7:30-8 - Puppet - Microsoft hybrid clouds and Puppet - 8-9 - Networking and drinks
- What is Puppet Pipelines?
• What we'll do Relax, grab a cold drink and hear all about Puppet Pipelines and our new Ad-hoc task execution capabilities. Talk 1: David Alexander Automation has changed how we deliver software, and we’re seeing more and more organisations move away from the days of developers throwing code over the wall to operations. See how the new Puppet Pipelines can unify operations and development workflows so teams can iterate faster and ship sooner. We will talk through the Puppet Pipelines offerings and capabilities, and show how they can form the basis of a new approach, or augment and enrich an existing approach to CI/CD within your organisation. Talk 2: Zachary Law Infrastructure as ode has been crucial to the idea of model-driven automation. With Puppet, you model the desired state of your infrastructure and Puppet does all the heavy lifting continually enforcing this state. But what happens if you need to make an ad-hoc change? Enter Puppet Enterprise Task Management and Puppet Bolt. See how Tasks helps you execute ad-hoc change within the Puppet Enterprise framework, ensuring compliance and accountability. See how Puppet Bolt helps you execute tasks against infrastructure in an agent-less fashion. • Contact Information If you have an issue finding the venue, please call Felix on[masked]
- Puppet User Group - @ Cisco
Join the Puppet and Cisco teams at Cisco's new offices in North Sydney to discuss how DevOps automation with Puppet Enterprise is being built throughout the entire Cisco stack by design. We'll cover some examples including Puppet on Cisco Nexus, how Puppet is driving agent delivery for Cisco's new Tetration Analytics capability for the Data Center, and Cisco CloudCenter with Puppet Enterprise. Don't miss this opportunity to hear from the experts how to take Cisco's formidable portfolio to the next level with Puppet Enterprise!
- Puppet User Group - @ Atlassian
Join Puppet, Sourced Group, Glintech and Atlassian as we take you through the ins and outs of working with and testing Puppet code in a variety of ways. See the view of both Puppet and our valued partners, working in real scenarios, getting real results, and take some best practices back to your work with you!
- Puppet User Group - @ VMware
Join VMware and Puppet as we take you through VMware's industry-leading cloud management portal solution, vRealize Automation, and show how the platform can make management of your hybrid cloud lifecycle faster, easier, and more efficient. We'll also be looking at how Puppet Enterprise integrates with vRealize Automation to provide a powerful, end-to-end solution for automated provisioning of the full application stack.
- Containers and Puppet - Doing it the right way
In this talk we will look at how Puppet are making containers first class citizens. Whether you are just starting out on your container journey, or are well on your way to a production deployment, Puppet can definitely make your life easier. Join Scott Coulton, Senior Software Engineer from Puppet, who will go through everything from the new features in our Docker module, to deploying Kubernetes resources with Puppetcode.
- Unlocking Azure with Puppet, plus what happened @ Puppet Conf by Nigel Kersten
Hi All, With our CIO, Nigel Kersten visiting Sydney we have moved our November Puppet User Group so he can update us all on Puppet Conf 2016, Puppet release[masked] and take any Q&A from the group. Nigel is excited to finally meet the group. Also, Kieran Sweet & Pedram Sanayei will present their talk around unlocking Azure with Puppet. Talks will commence at 8.30am, with coffee/tea and morning snacks provided. Please RSVP as spaces will be limited to 40 Thanks Puppet Sydney Team
- Nigel Kersten, CIO, Puppet (State of DevOps 2016) & Rhommel Lamas, SRE, eBay
Talk Number 1 - Nigel Kersten, CIO, Puppet Nigel will be running through the findings of the 2016 State of DevOps Report plus taking any questions. Download the report at:- https://puppet.com/resources/white-paper/2016-state-of-devops-report Talk Number 2 - Rhommel Lamas, Site Reliability Engineer, eBay There is a storm coming: Untangling your puppet repository This session aims to discuss how the complexity on your Puppet repository can frustrate your team and the new hires. The importance of stepping back once in a while and taking a look at the path your repository is taking and how meaningful tools like Pull requests, and code review are for a team.
- 'Puppet for Containerization' Book Launch plus talk
We'll be launching Scott Coulton's book, 'Puppet for Containeriaztion'. Puppet will be giving away some signed copies of the book. https://www.amazon.com/Puppet-Containerization-Scott-Coulton/dp/1785883283 Scott will also be running through elements of this Dockercon talk.
- July 5th Meetup
You are invited to the first ever Puppet User Group breakfast workshop in Sydney. Enjoy some breakfast and the three talks from Puppet Engineers. The agenda is as follows: 09:00 - Breakfast 09:30 - Puppet from Zero to Production This beginner presentation illustrates how to go from downloading Puppet Enterprise to putting it into production and starting to manage simple services across your fleet. 10:15 - Puppet APIs Puppet provides a number of APIs that allow you to interact with Puppet applications. This intermediate presentation will take a look at some of the APIs Puppet provides so that you can pull the strings that pull the strings. 11:00 - PCC - Puppet, Containers and Cloud Docker, Amazon, Azure, VMWare: So many technologies and so many different ways to integrate them all. In this intermediate presentation, we'll show you how to use Puppet to manage your PCC systems using a common language -Puppet. Register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/puppet-from-day-0-to-production-tickets-25824417528