Startup Founder 101 brings together aspiring and experienced tech entrepreneurs to discuss, meet, and collaborate to build great new startups, and to push the local startup ecosystem forward.
This group hosts numerous free events throughout the year where you can learn the best practices of starting a company from people who have been there and done that. You’ll have the opportunity to meet local founders and investors, exchange ideas with experts, get feedback on your idea, participate in startup workshops, and more.
Typical startup event topics include: • Coming up with a strong startup idea • Startup legal basics • How to pitch your startup • Starting a company without quitting your day job • How to raise funding for your startup • And much more!
It is hard to grasp the extent to which the startup funding landscape has shifted in just a few short months, since the onset of the COVID-19 global pandemic. The sentiments of startup angels and venture capitalists have been very mixed, from full-on ‘buy-now-while-prices-are-low’ to ‘freeze-all-spending-indefinitely’,
But of course, economic downturns are always times of new business creation, when visionary founders spot the new market opportunities and build category-defining companies.
In the evening of 7th July, we will share an invigorating conversation with an amazing panel of angel, VC and startup founders, exploring the fast changing landscape of startup funding world, including the topics below:
- What has changed with startup investing?
- What can founders expect with fundraising in the near future?
- What alternative strategies can startups use if fundraising is not an option?
- Andrea Gardiner (Founder & CEO, Jelix Ventures)
- Garry Visontay (General Partner, Right Click Capital)
❯ Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their startup
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
❯❯ This is an online event. To RSVP click here: https://fi.co/e/228719/meetup