Do you have a business idea or product that needs funding? Do you want to learn how startup funding works, what you need to do before trying to raise funding, and where you can go to get it?
Then join us for this fundraising workshop, which will provide practical, step by step advice, and feature talks from entrepreneurs who have successfully raised money for their businesses, and investors actively funding businesses. Learn expert tips, big pitfalls to avoid, what investors are looking for, how equity works, and more. Join us for a great event!
>> Our amazing list of speakers for this event includes:
- Garry Visontay – General Partner at Right Click Capital, one of Australia’s most respected VC funds.
- Albert Bielinko – Principal with Telstra Ventures (startup fund of Australia’s largest telecommunications company) which has backed some of Australia’s most successful startups (US$300M+ in 50 companies, and counting).
- Rachel White – Experienced startup CFO, who has taken companies from inception through capital raising and IPOs.
- Jonathan Chak – Experienced Founder, now with Jobs for NSW (NSW Government) and directly working with startups to unlock $190M+ in funding and grants available.
- Alli Varnes – Founder JobGetter (a startup that has raised funding), startup Mentor and Co-Founder of the StartupJobs Oz free job board.
>> Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who is thinking about raising money for their idea or business
- Anyone that wants an understanding of fundraising for early stage businesses and products
>> What are some of the Topics?
- The key metrics and pre-requisites for raising funding, and the anatomy of a "fundable" company
- How to make yourself more attractive to investors
- How to utilize online fundraising networks and platforms, like AngelList, Gust, Kickstarter, and Indiegogo.
- How to meet and work with different sources of capital, such as friends and family, angel investors, venture capitalists, government grants and loans, and more.
This event is free to attend. Join us for a fun evening!
>> This event is FREE, and we expect over 50 people in attendance. For more information, visit http://fi.co/e/171041/meetup