18:00 - 19:00 formal part (SE tool experience knowledge sharing)
19:00 -> Dinner and informal discussions
SE tool experience knowledge sharing:
The choice of SE tools is an expensive and far-reaching decision that impacts an organisation for many years. Trial periods and sales presentations can give an idea of what a tool can do, but feedback from people who have real world experience in using the tools can be invaluable in making the best decision for your company.
In this meetup we would like to collect experiences with any tools used for SE activities. There will be a special focus on requirements management, system modelling (MBSE) and validation/verification management tools, but also tools or interfaces to e.g. risk etc could be discussed.
If you want to prepare in advance think about the following discussion questions:
* What SE tools do you have experience with?
* What SE activities do you do in which tool?
* Is your approach to
a. minimise the number of SE tools to reduce tool interfaces,
b. choose multiple specialised SE tools for different tasks (requirements, modelling, verification,...)
* If you use multiple tools how well do the tools interface with each other? How did you set up the interfaces?
* Have you got experience with tool support for the tools you use?
* What are the tool's strengths/weaknesses?
Disclaimer: of course the perfect tool can be used in the wrong way. this is not about a tool solving all problems, but about having the right information to choose a tool !