We are a group of people who have traveled together in the past and are looking for new friends to travel with. The more, the merrier. So if you are interested in making new friends and traveling around the Tampa Bay area, the United States, or the world come meet us. You'll be happy you did. Help us plan trips for the future and new adventures. We will be meeting up for happy hours, dinners, movies and weekend excursions. Basically, anything anyone comes up with that is fun to do as a group. We're not just a travel group. TAMPA-TRAVEL-AND-MEETUP-GROUP is also an adventure group. Our current membership is comprised of predominately singles, with about 20 percent couples. We have members of all ages, but mainly over 40, and with the majority in the 45 to 65 age bracket. We are open to everyone from all walks of life. We go boating, hiking, bike riding, swimming, and other physical events to stay in shape for traveling.
By joining this group, RSVP'ing to events, and attending events, you are confirming that you have read, understand and accept the following:
1. TAMPA-TRAVEL-AND-MEETUP-GROUP is a meetup group. Attending events or Trips is voluntary by you as a member. Participation in any activity with us is at your own risk.
2. By joining TAMPA-TRAVEL-AND-MEETUP-GROUP as a member you agree to indemnify and hold harmless TAMPA-TRAVEL-AND-MEETUP-GROUP, its organizers, co-organizers, assistant organizers, event hosts, and other members from all claims or liability of every type (including court costs and legal fees) for injury or death to any person or for damage to property, loss of personal property or any other wrongful act arising out of or relating to your participation as a member. This agreement applies to you and to other persons (as your guests) who may accompany you in these endeavors.
3. You also agree to hold the organizers as well as other group members harmless. By participating voluntarily in the group, you expressly waive any and all such claims against each and every other member in the group, including without limitation any and all claims against the group organizer, co-organizers, assistant organizers, and event hosts.
5. Any social events or trip that TAMPA-TRAVEL-AND-MEETUP-GROUP sponsors and holds will fall also under the same Disclaimer and Liability guidelines listed above.
6.NOTE - Having a safe environment is key to the members of 😊 TAMPA - TRAVEL- AND - MEETUP-GROUP 😊 so all members are required to Provide & Keep a Current Main Profile Picture of themselves posted at all times so other members can CLEARLY & EASILY identify each other at any of our many events. No Pictures of landscapes, cartoons, flowers, or animals, etc. are allowed as your Main Profile Picture.Please upload at least 1 personal/recognizable photo of yourself to your profile when you join!
7. If you RSVP "Yes" to an event, please change your RSVP to "No" if you find out you can't attend the event. This is just respectful to the group and event location. "No Shows" are frowned upon. And chronic no-shows won't be invited to private events and will not be eligible to become life members. So please be considerate, especially when we have a limited amount of people who can attend and we make reservations.
8. We have a membership fee of $10 yearly donation if you decide you like the group. We use the donations to cover costs and special events. Once you donate to the group you become a contributing member and will receive, on occassion, free drinks, free appetizers, private invites, and will be eligible for prizes at upcoming events.
9.Soliciting- Our group does not welcome soliciting of any nature. Please do not solicit for personal, or business reasons. Promoting for self gain is prohibited.
10. NO SHOWS - If a member RSVP's yes for ANY event and does not attend - this is a No Show. If a member No Shows five times they are subject to removal from the group. If you can't make an event you must change your RSVP to No. If you are unable to make the change please contact the event host and let them know you can't attend. If you can't reach the event host - please contact ___________ Organizer or ____________Assistant Organizer,
11. Last Minute Cancellations - We ask all members to cancel their RSVP 24 hours prior to an event. Of course, if there is an emergency we understand.