Mladen Kovacevic: www.linkedin.com/in/mladenkovacevic
Mladen is a Solutions Architect at Databricks that has helped dozens of clients spanning data engineers, data scientists and data analysts fully realize the potential of Apache Spark, MLflow and Delta Lake on the cloud by delivering robust engineering and AI solutions. Mladen has been building solutions using Apache Spark since 2014, and has been a contributor to several open-source Apache projects in the Big Data space. He is a published O'Reilly author who speaks at various events and throughout his career has worked as a software developer, performance analyst, consultant and solutions architect.
Apache Spark™ is the dominant processing framework for big data. Delta Lake adds reliability to Spark so your analytics and machine learning initiatives have ready access to quality, reliable data. This talk will cover the use of Delta Lake to enhance data reliability for Spark environments.
- The role of Apache Spark in big data processing
- Use of data lakes as an important part of the data architecture
- Data lake reliability challenges
- How Delta Lake helps provide reliable data for Spark processing
- Specific improvements that Delta Lake adds
- The ease of adopting Delta Lake for powering your data lake
6:00pm - Check-in, Socialize & Eat Pizza
6:30pm - Making Apache Spark™ Better with Delta Lake
7:30pm - Q&A
7:55pm - Meetup Conclusion