addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcredit-cardcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobe--smallglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1launch-new-window--smalllight-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Twin Cities Disc Golf Meetup Message Board Gear › Disc Golf in the dark (Disco Golf, perhaps?)

Disc Golf in the dark (Disco Golf, perhaps?)

Maximillian A.
user 9285078
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 10
So the other day I was checking out Gotta Go Gotta Throw's website for wacky discs and saw these:

http://gottagogottath...­

&

http://gottagogottath...­

...and my imagination was captured. Anywho, I'm curious if there's anyone else out there that wants to blow $10-$20 to buy some of these and play a few rounds after dark sometime? C'mon... you know you want to :)
Tina
user 9907997
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 2
That sounds like fun! They also have these little lights you can tape on the discs. It's a &*%$# searching for discs in the dark...
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 28
The lights work pretty well. You might want to use a small strip of duct tape or similar in addition to the tape provided. The lights can fly off if you hit a tree, especially if it's damp out.
A former member
Post #: 14
Yeah- don't buy those discs... use your regular discs and buy the little lights that you stick on with duct tape. If you stick them on when discs are dry and room temp then they will stay on just fine. I've played plenty of rounds of glow golf. The best was the Glow World Championships at Worlds last year! Took second in AM women and was playing the course blind... and it was heavily wooded so I felt like a champ! Haha.
Tina
user 9907997
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 5
are the glow in the dark ones super mega awful? I wanna get some!
Jonathan
user 8199508
Saint Paul, MN
Post #: 30
There's nothing wrong with them, but to my knowledge it is a different plastic from what the normal lines are made of, so they don't necessarily feel or fly exactly the same as their counterparts.
kyle
FattyB
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 6
i haven't used the glow in the dark discs but i have thrown around the light up disc and them i wouldnt suggest spending money on they fly really weird. the little red lights that gotta go are really easy to see and you can turn them on and off. i have also had really good luck with the little glow sticks you can by for fishing. use a piece of clear duct tape tape it to the bottom of the disc and the rim with glow pretty bright depending on the color of the disc.