Want to get Fido out of the house, get some easy exercise with your fur baby, and make some new dog-loving friends? Then come join us as we visit various dog parks and explore dog-friendly trails in the Tyler/Kilgore/Longview area on Saturday mornings. Each Saturday of the month, we will meet up at a different dog-friendly location, and then repeat the sequence all over again in the following month.
NOTE: 1. Your dog must be well behaved and walk well on a leash. Sometimes it will be possible to allow the dogs to run at Liberty (off leash) at dog parks. Your dog should be well socialized.
2. Your dog should be up to date on vaccinations , including rabies. Puppies are permitted after their third round of vaccines, usually accomplished by week 12 or so.
3. If your female dog is showing any signs of being in heat, it is best to refrain from joining our activity until she is out of heat.
4. If your male dog seems to be constantly humping other dogs or human’s legs, it is advisable to stay home and do some corrective training with your dog.
5. At many dog parks there are sections for small dogs and separate enclosures for big dogs. But not all dog parks have separate areas. It is fine for dogs of varying sizes to play together.
6. Participants must follow all rules and regulations posted at the parks and trails.
7. Humans should refrain from criticizing or voicing judgment about how another dog owner handles, trains, or disciplines their dog. Humans: please play nice. 😁
8. There is a requested $1 donation per month to cover the cost of maintaining this Meetup group. Thanks!