This month we are collecting for our annual "Share the Love" campaign focused on fleece blankets to help keep the shelter doggies warm on a cold Winter night. Currently a blanket can be purchased online at Sears for about $5/ea. Your donation is appreciated!
A $10 per participant donation is greatly appreciated and will be collected at check-in via cash, check or credit card. Thanks for your support of our nonprofit organization!
The ASPCA (https://www.aspca.org/about-us) indicates that of the roughly 3.9 million dogs entering shelters per year, approximately 31% are euthanized. In some urban areas these numbers run as high as 78%.
Be a part of reducing euthanasia rates by hiking with local homeless hounds. Socialization and exercise can reduce kennel related stress and anxiety and improve a shelter dog’s behavior, thus extending their lives!
Tails of the Trail invite you to hike with shelter dogs for a couple hours of exercise and companionship. We're partnering with the Montgomery County Animal Care & Control (https://mcgtn.org/animal-control) and we'll hike the pups at Liberty Park. We will walk a double loop totaling about 2.0 miles with cool down time and pup portraits on the large grassy lawn.
Visit the shelter's Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MontgomeryCountyAdoptionServices) to see available dogs to adopt.
8:00a – Arrive at the shelter, check in, attend required Volunteer Orientation.
8:30a – Get paired with your pup and load for transport to Liberty Park where the hike will begin.
10:00a – Return the dogs back to the shelter for long naps.
10:15a - Now it's time for the human treats and socialization.
10:30a - Conclude event and thanks for joining us!
What to bring:
• You may bring a guest but only one dog per RSVP.
• A seat covering to protect your car as we will be transporting the dogs to the park. Remember only 1 dog per vehicle so any +1 participants who wish to walk a dog will need to drive a separate vehicle.
• Optional donations: dog treats, old towels, creamy peanut butter, Kongs.
• No personal pets are allowed.
• Load the app Woof Trax (aka Walk For a Dog) or ResQwalk (http://resqwalk.com/) on your smart phone and select Montgomery County Animal Control & Adoption Service as your sponsored shelter so they can earn quarterly donations from our event.
For your Safety (and the safety of the dogs):
• You must sign a waiver from the shelter. Click here (http://www.tailsofthetrail.com/docs/TOTT-Montgomery-County-AC-Waiver.pdf) to open the PDF. Print and fill it out to bring with you to save time during orientation. You only have to do this once.
• Read our Volunteer Orientation Guide (https://www.dropbox.com/s/vjs1nl5b1muqccx/Volunteer%20Orientation.docx?dl=0). A subsequent orientation will take place at the event.
• No children under the age of 14 can hold the leash and all children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• No dogs off leash at any time.
Thanks to our sponsor:
Nature's Select of Middle TN (https://nstennessee.secure.force.com/)