Let's kick off the new year with an Android meetup. We hope to have meetups every month this year. If your have something (large or small) that you'd like to present, just let Scott know.
This meetup's agenda:
● 10 minutes for introductions, announcements, and a bit of socializing.
● 5 minutes for a discussion of the latest Android news.
● 100 minutes for a walk-through of a pair of Google Codelabs ("Using Android Notifications", and "Android Firebase Cloud Messaging"). We'll learn how to do Android notifications the right way and how to send push notifications to our apps' users. While these code labs are part of the "Advanced Android in Kotlin" course, don't worry if you're still new to Kotlin; the code that we'll be implementing will be pretty Java-like. (If you'd like to work along on your own laptop, it would be helpful to have Android Studio installed and updated and to download and build the two sample apps at https://codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/advanced-android-kotlin-training-notifications/#2 and https://codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/advanced-android-kotlin-training-notifications-fcm/#2)
● Wrap up -- Scott will again ask anyone has something they'd like to present and we'll decide on which nearby eatery to visit for some extra socializing. Oh, and he will give away a Google Daydream View.
* Image from "Advanced Android in Kotlin 1.1: Using Android Notifications" Google Codelab at codelabs.developers.google.com/codelabs/advanced-android-kotlin-training-notifications/img/f634eb921ea8ded0.jpeg