****Don't have Meetup? You can register through Eventbrite here.****
It may be a surprise that there are many training, reskilling, and job search resources available at free or reduced cost to veterans, and it can be difficult to figure out where to start. Former military members tell us it can be a challenge to translate military experience to a resume, to learn how to use social media in the digital age of job searching, and to navigate the different career paths to civilian life.
We’d like to invite you Tampa Bay InfoSec’s A New Start: Career Resources for Veterans and Transitioning Military. This crash course, featuring local experts and former servicemembers, will showcase programs available in the Tampa Bay market and the resources you should be utilizing in your search. We’ll cover:
• Using LinkedIn for your job search
• Reskilling or enhancing your skills in top hiring industries
• Addressing the changes from military experience to civilian jobs
• Finding career coaching and workshops
• Utilizing informational interviews and making connections
• Anticipating challenges with the transition process
• Figuring out where you want to go next
• Embracing entrepreneurial opportunities
We have a wonderful group of speakers eager to share their knowledge and programs with you:
• A Veteran’s Success Story: Founder of Jün Cyber and Podcast Host
for Dev.Sec.Lead., Wilson Bautista, Jr.
• Tampa Bay Job Links, Ed Amato
• Cyber Florida – New Skills for a New Fight, Ernie Ferraresso
• LaunchCode, Maria Laura Tarabillo
• Project Transition USA, Nancy Laine
VETERAN EMPLOYERS: Are you an employer dedicated to hiring veterans? Please join us and take advantage of networking with our veteran and military attendees at the beginning of the program.
• 5:30-6 p.m. Networking, food and drink
• 6-7:30 p.m. Presentations and speakers
• 7:30-8 p.m. Panel Q&A with speakers
INTERESTED IN BEING A SPEAKER AT A FUTURE EVENT? Please contact [masked].
Thank you to our speakers and their organizations, and special gratitude to our sponsors: Connectwise, HireVergence, and Altimeter Solutions.