What we’re about
Tampa Java User Group (TJUG) is for anyone who uses JVM, wants to learn, hire or network with other professionals.
The Tampa Java Users Group (TJUG) is organized by Java Developers for Java Developers in order to:
Provide a forum for exchanging information and for brainstorming with other developers on how to successfully implement new Java solutions.
Deliver monthly technical presentations on the latest Java/JVM technologies.
Support the needs of both newbies and experts through related Study Groups targeted at Java Certification and Java-OO architectural issues.
Promote the advantages of Java as a development and deployment environment to the business and educational communities.
While our focus is around Java and the JVM, we also cover a wide variety of other related topics such as Agile development methodologies, mobile and client-side software development frameworks and tools.
How to join?
There are currently no dues or other formal requirements for joining AJUG. Simply join this Meetup group and start attending our meetings.
About Our Meetings
TJUG meets generally on the third Thursday of each month from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the Perimeter area: (please look for specific events, this is just an over generalized suggestions, but speaker/venue availability and lot of other things matter)
Our meetings emphasize high-quality technical content and we encourage interaction among attendees.
Annual DevNexus Developer Conference
The TJUG works with Atlanta Java Users Group which organizes the annual DevNexus developer conference. For more information see: http://www.devnexus.com
Upcoming events (1)See all
- Design Trade offs in Modern Architectures- By world famous speakerKforce, Tampa, FL
Design Trade offs in Modern Architectures
Over the years we have learned and applied several software design principles. Many of these principles have been very useful and have served as guiding principles and, at times, as guard rails to develop better software. However, the principles do not work in isolation. They interplay with each other and sometimes even against each other. In this presentation we will look at the trade offs in applying well known design principles within the confines of the architectures that applications may be based on.
5:30 - 6:00: People coming in, networking, & eating
6:00 - 6:15: Intros
- Tampa JUG
- Tampa Devs
- Tampa Bay Techies
6:15 - 8:00: 90 min talk + 15 min Q&A
Kforce Midtown Office Information
- Address: 1150 Assembly Dr Ste 500 Tampa FL 33607
- We are located on the 5th floor of the Midtown West building.
- We have the whole floor, so when you get off the elevator, one side of the lobby is for the executive wing, the other side is the main entrance (see photo below – this is the entrance you will use).
- Park in the Waterview Garage in any unmarked parking spot on the 3rd-6th levels (map below). Do not park in any Reserved or Kforce Reserved parking spots, towing is enforced with no warning.
- You will make your way to the west side of 3rd floor of the parking garage, walk across the breeze way, and you will end up on the 2nd floor of the Midtown West office building, from there you will take the elevator to the 5th floor.