Last month, we took our first steps into AR (augmented reality) programming by building a couple of apps:
• A “starter” app that draws shapes in random locations and orientations around the iOS device, and
• A follow-up app that lets you create 3D “paintings” in the room you’re in, using your iPhone or iPad as the “brush”.
This month, we’ll review what we learned last month and use that knowledge to build a couple of new apps:
• An app that puts you in the middle of the solar system, where you’ll learn how to animate 3D objects in AR scenes, and give them realistic textures, and
• A Hallowe’en-themed ghost hunter game, where you’ll take your first stab at AR game development.
Join me on Monday, October 30th at 6:30 p.m. at the Sourcetoad offices to take your next steps (or hey, your first steps — we’ll help you get caught up) into augmented reality programming in iOS!
Whether you’re new to programming, or new to iOS programming, or have been learning iOS programming for a little while but are having trouble making the leap from doing tutorials to writing your own finished apps, Tampa iOS Meetup is here to help you!
Like all Tampa iOS Meetups, this session is a “code along with me” exercise. If you want to get the most out of this meetup, you’ll need the following:
• A Mac running the latest version of Xcode, Xcode 9 (https://developer.apple.com/xcode/)
• An ARKit-compatible iPhone or iPad with an A9 or later processor, which is one of the following: iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone SE, any of the first- or second-generation iPad Pros, iPad 2017, and eventually, the iPhone 8, 8 Plus, and X
• iOS 11 installed on your ARKit-compatible iPhone or iPad
And as always, we’ll have pizza and beverages, thanks to our sponsor, Sourcetoad (https://www.sourcetoad.com/).
In case you need a little help finding our office, here’s a helpful map of our area: