What we're about
TeamAIDAsha is a beginner-friendly marathon/half-marathon training and fundraising program jointly organized by the volunteers from Boston/MIT chapters of Association for India's Development (AID) and Asha for Education. We train runners for their full or half marathon races and runners raise donations for AID and Asha. Both beginner and experienced runners are welcome.
Who should join?
• Anyone from couch potatoes to experienced runners
• Anyone looking for a challenging activity this summer
• Anyone looking to make a difference in the world
• Detailed training plan, special clinics along with personal guidance from certified coach (Road Runners Club of America), irrespective of your athletic abilities
• Water support and assistance from veteran alumni and volunteers during long runs
• Guidance, specialized clinic and mentoring for fundraising from team of alumni runners
• Bib numbers at Marine Corps Marathon (Washington DC) or Lowell full/half marathon
• TeamAIDAsha t-shirt
• Social outings and new life-time friendships with your cohort team members and volunteers
• Satisfaction of making a huge positive impact in the lives of thousands of families in India