A short introduction to working Agile in a small, fast paced environment.
WHO IS THE EVENT FOR?
- Founders/Entrepreneurs thinking about how they want their company to grow and how to work with software developers.
- Programmers, Testers, Product people and others who need to help
entrepreneurs and managers grow the company in the right way
- When start-ups need agile
- The truth about MVPs
- Thinking small to maximise diseconomies of scale and reduce risk
- Moving fast with quality
- Building a team which can learn the right thing to build
- The key role of Product owners
Allan Kelly advises teams from many different companies and domains on adopting and deepening Agile practices and development in general. He specialises in working with software product companies and aligning products and processes with company strategy. When he is not with clients he writes far too much.
He is the author of three books:
1. "Xanpan - team centric Agile Software Development"
2. "Business Patterns for Software Developers" and
3. “Changing Software Development: Learning to be Agile”
The originator of Retrospective Dialogue Sheets
a regular conference speaker.
He can be found on Twitter as @allankellynet
Tech Citizen Entrepreneurship Academy (TCEA)
For startups teams to build their competence and skillset/mindset in all the 10 modules, as early as possible in the business life cycle.
The modules are listed together with a competence level (/10 for each module) and a time frame for completion. We will reference our events and workshops to each of the 10 modules below:
Description Competence Time frame
1. Managing teams
Content: hiring, training, culture, communication
change, engagement, incentives, team, leadership
All the information discussed in this meetup is confidential
No documentation or information in the event, is to be distributed or used outside of the event.
We appreciate your cooperation in updating your RSVP to be an accurate representation of whether you will attend.
The venue is provided to Tech city for free and we need to respect the owners hospitality.
You are required to buy one item from the cafe counter.
You are not allowed to consume/leave any drinks (including branded water) and food from outside, on the premises.