1. African Night Life - x1 per month - The agenda varies each MEETING night - but it always includes snacks, fun activities, music, open conversations and soon to be familiar smiles :)
2. Yearly food & music workshop TBA
3. Yearly fundraiser TBA
Types of memberships:
1. Planning committee member: For those who would like to be more involved with some of The Club's decisions and planning. Meetings are held 1 per month - in person or via skype or respond to email notes from the meetings. (3 month commitment required.) OR volunteer/assist at an event of your choice for 2 hours max.
2. Drop in/Attendee: Attend events or join projects once in a while, no need to register for membership.
3. Collaborator: The club is open to working on a project or event with individuals and organisations that align with our goals. Feel free to approach The Club with your own event/project idea or to offer your services through us to the community.
Other types of memberships 4. Associate Membership: International members not residing in Canada. 5. Sponsor/Donor: Monetary donations or event supplies, equipment or professional services.
6. Private membership coming soon. (For board members, sponsors/donors, business, Africa wine club etc.)
Join us once a month in Toronto to explore interesting African places, foods to try, discover new music, exciting activities to be part of etc....
We will be visiting "TBA"
+discuss an African &/or Caribbean country: Madagascar
+enjoy an evening out in Toronto
+meet other people interested in African culture
+complimentary shared food by African Zest Inc
The African Zest Club host (Tiku) will arrive at 6:45 pm.
7:00 - Introductions, ice breaker, begin ordering food & drinks.
7:20 - Brief discussion about an African country (Madagascar).
7:30 - Eat and chat about the brief presentation and anything else attendees find interesting.
8:30 - Our meetup concludes, but attendees are encouraged to stay longer of they can and want to hang out longer with other attendees.
Shared food & drink: FREE - all sponsored by the Africa Zest Inc. On Sundays all 1 hour sessions at African Zest are 50% off - the club receives 90% and the practitioner receives 10%. (Donations from members and the community will be kept for hosting big events by the club.)
Feel like chipping in?: Add to the tip for the servers/attendants at the end of the meetup. (The African Zest Club host will tip the usual 10%, please feel free to add to the pool.)
See you there! :)