addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Calgary Astronomy Meetup Group Message Board › Beginners Telescope; What is recommended?

Beginners Telescope; What is recommended?

Christopher
user 10956370
Calgary, AB
Post #: 1
Hello. Yes I am a noob to Astronomy, it's been something I have wanted start up for a long time and now I have some extra time.
Can anyone offer suggestions for a beginners telescope that has worked well for them that is between $200 to $500?

Thank you
Robert N.
user 76618252
Calgary, AB
Join RASC's meetings and some of its public events! You'll see different scopes and friendly astronomy amateurs who are willing to explain to you what they have!!!
This way, you not only try on the scope but also get better idea what you want the scope do for you!
It is not only the $ for the scope...... What about its accessories eg. Eyepieces, finder scope, portable power (if GOTO computerized scope)... Etc
Also, try astronomy forum.... It is a great place to start with!

I got a used 8" SCT by Celestron, and Very apply with it

Hope this helps!
Clear Skes...
Robert
Christopher
user 10956370
Calgary, AB
Post #: 2
Hello Robert,

Thank you for your reply. Definitely good advice, I'll give it a try.

Regards,
Christopher
Imad B.
user 55361982
Calgary, AB
If you are an RASC member you can rent different scopes and binoculars. Good idea since then you can learn about their different aspects and handling, complexities.