So you'd like to join our awesome group? Un attimo, per piacere!!
Hold on a second, please read!!
• We meet so we can speak in Italian, and only in Italian.
• New members that are beginners usually learn fast and after a few meetups they are able to keep a simple conversation going. For this reason, we keep any interactions made in English at a level of zero or almost zero. Listening-to-only-Italian is an excellent way to acquire proficiency in the language.
• We are friendly people who enjoy socializing, we are nice, we love fun.
• Consideration and respect for all other fellow members is a must.
• Plan to attend your first meetup in two months after joining, tops.
• For the sake of efficiency, only active members are kept (i.e., members that participate regularly in our activities). Inactive members will eventually be dismissed from the group.
• Mind your RSVP, always. First timers and new members: your NO-SHOWS result in membership cancellation. La cortesia è sempre d'obbligo!!
• Please, don't join just to be a NO-SHOW in your first meetup. You won't leave a good impression (regardless of how nice a person you know you actually are), and you will also summarily lose your membership to this group.
Cari amici: ci incontriamo a l'ottimo caffè Charmers, sito in 1500 Jarvis. (http://charmerscafe.com/) Ordinate dei deliziosi panini e delle rinfrescanti bevande al bancone. Il barista vi mostrerà dove si trova il nostro tavolo. Ma, che bello caffè!!! Grazie, Charmers! Grazie, Dan!!
Please note you are kindly requested a donation when attending this meetup. The suggested amount is $5 and it covers attendance, not food neither drinks, which are apart. A different donation amount will be gladly accepted. Thank you all for your support! Students that want to attend the meetup won't be requested any donation and we all will be very happy to have them come!
Any comments regarding Italian culture, movies, music, fun facts, jokes, etc. are welcome in this page, as always. Observations and questions regarding a recent change in the meetup (that was addressed in our last meeting) may be sent to me by email, to: [masked], as opposed to be posted on this page. Thanks. I will be very happy to answer all your personal messages!
*Etichetta "RSVP": se hai confermato la tua partecipazione (hai marcato RSVP Yes), ma infine non potrai venire al meetup, tu devi annullare subito la tua confermazione (marchi [RVSP NO]). La CORTESIA è d'obbligo.
FIRST TIMERS - YOUR RSVP - LIMITED SEATS. First timers will receive a greeting message from the organizer, informing them the way RSVP works: Change your RSVP to NO immediately if you change your plans and are not coming. Or inform the organizer a.s.a.p. NO-SHOWS are monitored and result in membership suspension. Thanks.