So you'd like to join our awesome group? Un attimo, per piacere!! Read our "fine print" first!
• We meet so we can speak in Italian, and only in Italian.
• Mind your confirmation of attendance (RSVP), always. 1st timers and new members: your NO-SHOWS result in loss of membership. La cortesia è sempre d'obbligo!!
• We know that beginners here learn fast - after a few meetups they are able to hold basic to intermediate level conversations. Because of this, we speak no English (or just very little, and rarely, if you are a beginner) within our two-hour meetings. Languages that are not Italian will not be used during our meetups. I have been asked many times if you can speak Spanish instead of Italian here. Answer is: no.
• For the sake of efficiency, only active members are kept (i.e., members that participate regularly in our activities). Inactive members will eventually be dismissed from the group.
• Please, don't join just to be a NO-SHOW in your first meetup. You won't leave a good impression (regardless of how nice a person you and your friends know you actually are), and you will also summarily lose your membership to this group.
• We are very, very friendly people that enjoy socializing. We are nice and we love fun.
• Consideration and respect for all other fellow members is a must.
• Plan to attend your first meetup in two months after joining, tops.